AE101 Levin GT Apex Problem

corofin12345

Member +
i know its not a starlet but the more experienced toyota heads may be able to help me out here.....

----------------

i normally dont put up these thread cause im normally good
at finding out problems but this has me stumped....

was driving the car today, pulled out from an exit and BOOOM, car
died and wouldnt start and cat temp light wont go off.. also the EML
isnt coming on so i did a diagnostic test to see if the EML would come
on and nothing.... no EML light.... everything else in the car is working
and its even turning over....

got it home and started tearing apart the car....

1. all fuses and relays ok
2. all other electrical components working, lights, radio etc etc
3. fuel pump is working
4. checked the ECU but seems fine but not ruling it out!

i then tested for spark... no spark...!!!!

1. checked dizzy
2. fitted another coil pack
3. fitted another igniter

STILL NO SPARK!!!!!

any one have ideas of what this could be...????

cheers

dac69er

Super Moderator
if your not getting an emgine management light your either not getting power to the ecu an earth connection has dropped off or the ecu has died. if there are wiring diagrams for that ecu find which is the power and see what you have when you turn the ignition on

corofin12345

Member +
if your not getting an emgine management light your either not getting power to the ecu an earth connection has dropped off or the ecu has died. if there are wiring diagrams for that ecu find which is the power and see what you have when you turn the ignition on

my head is so fried that i didnt even think about that tbh.. goodman.. now to "try" and find a diagram, lol

i didnt think the ECU would control spark tho? on the glanza, you can start the car with no ECU plugged in i thought?

dac69er

Super Moderator
my head is so fried that i didnt even think about that tbh.. goodman.. now to "try" and find a diagram, lol

i didnt think the ECU would control spark tho? on the glanza, you can start the car with no ECU plugged in i thought?

hell no, need the ecu plugged in

corofin12345

Member +
saw that somewhere on here before im sure... so if the ECU isnt plugged in/dead/no power going to ECU.... no spark..?