AEM Methanol Injection ? is it any good ?

billybob

Untrusted Seller
not telling lol ;) little hint car runs 1bar over 300 bhp

oh its a 5e engine that might have a bit to do with it also :)

pc18

North West England Area Rep.
not telling lol ;) little hint car runs 1bar over 300 bhp

oh its a 5e engine that might have a bit to do with it also :)

i wasnt asking about your setup. i was asking djindiano, ie if hes running a ct9 theres no point in buying it ect.

TheStarletGT

Member +
To give you a 100% honest feedback, i had methanol injection in another car of mine in the past.

I call methanol injection "mini Nitrous" cos when you have it activated, you notice a noticable pull, its highly noticable.

On the car i used, non intercooled, i could boost safely/efficiently to 14psi, anything above that, it would be a wsste of time. it would ping at approx 17psi. When i installed the methanol injection system, i boosted to 20psi, with no problems at all. So you see, you can add plenty of boost in conditions that you would require a intercooler.

I have considered installing a kit to my starlet to make it even faster, but maybe later.

haydn28

Member +
plz comment and let me no if it is any good coz i was thinking of buying it for my car

put it this way ; its poor man's c16 ,by spraying a water/meth charge in to the inlet tract It keeps the top of the piston , ringlands ,valves COOL
these points are the first to fail in a 4/5efte increasing boost on stock internals and at the same time allowing for a good amount of ignition advance .your power increase with water/meth will depend on how much boost you run and how much you advance timing

water cannot be burned , it has an octane number of infinity and a high heat of vaporisation . you can use 100% water but use the smallest jet size if you intend to do this .

methanol , is a high octane fuel that has a low boiling point , when mixed with water the benefit is that it evaporates quickly and takes away a lot of heat while adding
a high octane fuel value to the charge at the same time .

always try to use the smallest jet size depending on your requirements when using water meth so cylinder wash and power loss will not be a problem .

GTturboTag

Fresh Recruit
After having 1 friend with an AEM kit and another with a DevilsOwn kit i went the DevilsOwn route. Handsdown way better.

srankin90

Member +
i know someone who ran one of these kits on a cossie and it was sittin at 500bhp then he got a kit similar to this and it added on 40bhp.

I'm am sure I read somewhere that Methanol is not advisable on engines with aluminium Heads as the methanol can eat away at the Head.

churcherj

Member +
I'm am sure I read somewhere that Methanol is not advisable on engines with aluminium Heads as the methanol can eat away at the Head.

methanol is corrosive, however with the correct concentration mixed with distilled water is makes is alot less corrosive. furthermore, its more of a long term corrision issue, it will take years for it to properly corrode the aluminium head, as the mixture is atomised or vapourised straight away once injected

you want something mappable or atleast the ability to match water/meth to a ratio of fuel.

i've tried quite a few and the best kit i find for the job is the aquamist 2d system but they've now updated to a new series of names. this is a very good kit and with a high speed solenoid it'll match the fuel injector duty meaning your not injecting to much or to little at any one time. ie to much at top end killing the torque. and you set the fuel to water/meth ratio by varing the size of the jet, usually 10% of the injector volume.

did it on mine and noticed a big difference, intake temps dropped on the stock IC. might have seen the kit i did where i mounted the water tank onto the factory option rear strut braces, i know there is a few pictures floating around.

Tim :)