AEM wideband readings

Vincent-ep91

Member +
what would the ideal readings be for a starlet?

Also, i placed the sensor directly under the handbrake as was recommended to me by another member. I know it is supposed to be 36 inches from the turbo as per instructions. Will my readings be accurate? The sensor is roughly 60 inches from the turbo now.

Thanks, Vincent.

ChrisStarletGT

Member +
it can be in the back box and still give accurate reading for example where does prob go for emissions test on mot? they say keep it away from turbo so it dont get heat damage your looking for 14.7 on idle and when u boost for it to go down to between 11s and 12's cant remember the exact if u google it the answers there for turbo'd cars as obviously u want turbo'd car to run richer then n/a dont forget to calibrate every couple of weeks unplug it from block connector turn car electrics on it will come up error turn off car rip it out the exhaust reconnect it to block connector earth it switch car electrics on let it calibrate it will come and say cal instead of htr then will say htr then give u an air reading coz it in normal air not in exhaust turn off car disconnect it again and put it back in exhaust then recconect to block when start car again will all be calibrated and showin afr

remember if u every disconnect battery it will need re calibrating and if u disconnect the sensor from block and turn on electrics it will need calibrating

thefalls

Member +
Aem units dont really need calibration. You can let it be there for a long time.I have friends using the aem wideband and they hardly calibrate it. Innovates are another story.

14.7 on idle is fine and i would say 11.5 is a safe figure on boost.
10.5 on boost is rather rich.

Vincent-ep91

Member +
this is with a JAM ecu, walbro fuel pump, speedvision hybrid, FMIC and your usual breathing and exhaust modifications.
Anybody else with a JAM ecu have similar figures?

weeJohn

Lifer
Thats about right for a Jam/Blitz ECU, its safe. Just out of interest, what readings are you getting when sitting about 60 or 70 on the motorway?