AFR figures....

Mikeygtt

Member +
Hi guys,

Im gonna be installing my SAFC2 and AEM wideband controller shortly.

Was just wondering what sort of afr figures i should be looking for while idling, on boost, normal driving, etc.

Cheers for any help

Mikey

turbo head

Munster Area Rep.
its 14s when on idle and 11 when on boost. only got my head round it the other day. it took madma nearly the whole trip to down to knock it in to me lol

idling from mid/high 14s to mid 15s (theory figure of 14.7) will be fine mate even slightly more but not that much more, full boost depends on how much boost but low/mid 11s will be in the extra safe side to begin with (important to note that on boost its important that afrs are not lean cause at that point damage could be done to engine, when on boost) even such turbo/fueling setups high 11s low 12s are safe but depends on many factors which the tuner prefers to set it at! and at normal driving between mid 14s to mid to mid/low15s is just at right figures. hope that helps mate :)

Mikeygtt

Member +
thanks guys,

chances are i will be running just shy of the 1 bar figure on the CT9a, but will prob keep it to 0.8 bar to start with.

On another tangent, can you run 2 different fueling 'maps' on an safc2? i.e. low boost and high boost?

Cheers

Mikey

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
thanks guys,

chances are i will be running just shy of the 1 bar figure on the CT9a, but will prob keep it to 0.8 bar to start with.

On another tangent, can you run 2 different fueling 'maps' on an safc2? i.e. low boost and high boost?

Cheers

Mikey

no only 1 "map"

Mikeygtt

Member +
thought it was only 1 'map'. ta.

Am not gonna be going mad to start with on boost due to having the standard fuel pump currently, and from what i remember 1 bar on standard pump is a no go?
Car has an fcd already installed, but currently on 0 setting as running 0.65bar at this moment.

My aim is to hit the 180bhp mark, so am doing bits ready for the next steps, safety first!

Also, how do i relate the afr to spark timing?

Cheers guys

Mikey

stock fuel pump and stock fueling system can handle 1 bar of boost requirements easily mate on ct9/hybrid, so your will be safe on that sort of power even around the 200bhp mark if well equipped and tuned