air con gas

elz'ep92

Fresh Recruit
my aircon in my glanza doesnt seem cold and i have a aircon machine at work and im able to use it, ive searched but cant find how much gas it holds, hoping someone can help, thanks in advance

aidan

Member +
cars hav what they call a critical charge they need the correct amount of refrigerant weighed in...is it definately just low on gas ? Have you looked at the sight glass

J25GTi

Lifer
If you arent trained to actually do this, leave it to the professionals.... it all has to be weighed and what not

Texx

Super Moderator
Is there not a refrigerant label under the bonnet somewhere? That should state the weight of gas to charge the system with. For a small A/C system like what's in the Starlet I would have thought somewhere in the region of 450g-550g would be about right, although overcharging the system is very bad so if you decide to guess the amount then I wouldn't charge it with any more than 440g.

First thing you need to do though is check the pressure in the system and then recover any refrigerant that it's holding. If no or very little refrigerant is recovered, evacuate the system for approx 20 minutes and hold the vacuum for a further 5, if the vacuum drops then you've got a leak somewhere. Depending on the severity and age of the leak, the drier may have become contaminated from moisture in the atmosphere and will most likely need replacing. If the system holds vacuum then you might want to think about injecting some compressor oil before fully recharging the system.

elz'ep92

Fresh Recruit
yeh i am qualified to use the machine, i know how to regas a air con system, just that the stickers in the engine bay all seem to be in japanese

elz'ep92

Fresh Recruit
yeh got the yellow label with r134a, but doesnt list the weight in grams or kg's like any other vehicle would that ive regassed