Air filter location

Sticks

Member +
Hi All

I seen a gt starlet the other day that had his air filter housed into the scoop. He has a front mount, so need for the scoop but what do people think of that ?

Nice car mind you :)

Cheers
Sticks

h3ppy

Member +
cant be alot of room? also i would imagine it would suffer from heat soke alot, best behind the grill in my opinion!

Sticks

Member +
He cut the bit out before the scoop and it did look cool but didn't know if it would be any good as it is on top of engine really but i could see it getting a lot of cold air there though

Duff

Member +
Yeah it would get alot of cold air, but it would get alot of hot air too from the engine, also it would get soaked aswell if it was raining. I know it would get wet if it was behind the grill aswell but not half as much as in the scoop! behind the grill is the only place for it IMO..

it would be good to make some use out of the scoop when you have a fmic. what about keeping filter in stock position and make up a air feed from the scoop directly into the filter?

Duff

Member +
it would be good to make some use out of the scoop when you have a fmic. what about keeping filter in stock position and make up a air feed from the scoop directly into the filter?

I tried that, didnt notice any difference!

tom_hunt

Member +
Iv seen some Pulsar owners stick oil coolers in place of the top mount. Could maybe do the same for a starlet?

Tom

Last edited:

tom_hunt

Member +
yea heard that been mentioned before.. it would probably look good looking into the engine bay too

Yeh I agree. I think there is a member on here from Ireland that is selling a white Glanza with TD04 set up and he has got a blue oil cooler sat where the top mount used to be. I will have a quick serch.

Tom

Duff

Member +
Yeh I agree. I think there is a member on here from Ireland that is selling a white Glanza with TD04 set up and he has got a blue oil cooler sat where the top mount used to be. I will have a quick serch.

Tom

They look class behind the grill..like a mini FMIC!!:rockon:

Tom

think your thinking of rickw's but his is located behind the grill as duff said