Anti freeze!!!! Cold ruining ppls cars!

KING-EP82

Member +
wanted to ask a very basic question: when im adding in coolant into my car what should the mixture be? 50 50 or 70 water 30 coolant ect.... could anybody guide me pls thanks! also where do i apply the coolant to, in the radiator or the coolant bottle (obviously after draining and flushing the radiator) thanks!!!!

omcr

Member +
wanted to ask a very basic question: when im adding in coolant into my car what should the mixture be? 50 50 or 70 water 30 coolant ect.... could anybody guide me pls thanks! also where do i apply the coolant to, in the radiator or the coolant bottle (obviously after draining and flushing the radiator) thanks!!!!

dont know bout the mixture but
apply some to coolant bottle and most to radiator

*edit*
more coolant than water would be better tho as some people still encounter ice in their hose with the 50/50

Last edited:

turbo head

Munster Area Rep.
it should be wrote on the back of the gallon wot way to mix it it depends on every different brand of coolant. but as turbo dave said it is recomended to use toyota red coolant.

Paul_JJ

Member +
Toyota coolant is the best, use it, it's cheap and very good, in fact one of the best in the world! Your radiator was designed for it.

The level of the concentration will depend on the temperature you will operate your car, 50/50 is the most common, but in cold Winters 70/30 is advisable!

Mikey4410

Member +
makesure u do use coolant as stated above of 50/50 or bit more,because of the cold freezing weather my mates starlet has just popped out the core plugs and is having agro with getting it fixed etc.could have been easily avoided.....

Wuldo

Fresh Recruit
yeah my rad froze but didn't burst i put coolant n after flushing it like 80% anti freeze in this weather it don't cost much anyway