Anyone for Trackskills, Kirkiston 1/2/2009

Scoob paul

Fresh Recruit
Anyone heading to kirkiston to the trackskill's trackday on the 1st of Feb? Got the corolla outta the shed in a sorry lookin state but hopefully will be ready to roll for then.

Paul

boost abuse

Member +
Any idea when there will some Trackskills action in April?

My ep wont be ready til then.

2009 dates:

* Sunday 15th March
* Sunday 26th April
* Sunday 31st May
* Sunday 21st June
* Sunday 26th July
* Sunday 23rd August
* Sunday 20th September
* Sunday 4th October
* Sunday 15th November

yeah i'll hopefully be down, pending getting the glanza running right

Jay

Admin
Wee John & Ted are booked in with their corrolla so you can have fun battling them again Paul. Although you might notice a slight difference in power this time round ;)

I'll be in attendance but the trackcar isn't going to be ready. Ripping the engine out this week.

Ted

Member +
kirky2742008003ng4.jpg

Scoob paul

Fresh Recruit
Wee John & Ted are booked in with their corrolla so you can have fun battling them again Paul. Although you might notice a slight difference in power this time round ;)

I'll be in attendance but the trackcar isn't going to be ready. Ripping the engine out this week.

The other "red" corolla is going out as well, it was some battle at the end of the day when our tyre's went off last time both of us were out. Slight difference in power eh? 4EFTE??

Sure you have plenty of other trackdays to get to if you see us about im sure we can get you out a run :drive:.

Scoob paul

Fresh Recruit
Only thing i would think can go wrong is your brakes coping with that extra horsepower, that is if you havent upgraded them. Did you have much of a problem with the wiring lad?

Ted

Member +
weejohn slaving over the wiring now, were lucky enough to get a complete gt loom off phil(carrick) for decent money so respect to him.

we already had st185 gt4 brakes on her from last year, was the only thing that was up to the track! decent slicks helped too.

Scoob paul

Fresh Recruit
weejohn slaving over the wiring now, were lucky enough to get a complete gt loom off phil(carrick) for decent money so respect to him.

we already had st185 gt4 brakes on her from last year, was the only thing that was up to the track! decent slicks helped too.

Complete loom, just a complete swap over? the 4efte is the conversion i'd like to do in the near future but the car being shared between 3 of us we're waiting on the 5efe to go bang first. St185 brakes they'd be up to the job, I thought they were 5 stud? or is that the st205

Ted

Member +
Complete loom, just a complete swap over? the 4efte is the conversion i'd like to do in the near future but the car being shared between 3 of us we're waiting on the 5efe to go bang first. St185 brakes they'd be up to the job, I thought they were 5 stud? or is that the st205

splicing an engine side gt loom into whats left of the interior corolla one. its not straight forward and giving weejohn more headaches than a std starlet conversion. yes the st185 is 5 stud, we just drilled the discs as we have done on other setups, 3mm spacer behind the disc and simple bolt on.

dont think st205s would fit under our 14 inch wheels!

Jay

Admin
I rang John as he was cutting the looms the other day. From the cursing I would guess it's not a straightforward splicing job..:haha:

Scoob paul

Fresh Recruit
splicing an engine side gt loom into whats left of the interior corolla one. its not straight forward and giving weejohn more headaches than a std starlet conversion. yes the st185 is 5 stud, we just drilled the discs as we have done on other setups, 3mm spacer behind the disc and simple bolt on.

dont think st205s would fit under our 14 inch wheels!

Your running 14's ST205 is too big for them, St185 would be all you need anyway plenty of stopping power, on our rolla shes running standard brakes which seem to be up to the job no fade as yet.

I rang John as he was cutting the looms the other day. From the cursing I would guess it's not a straightforward splicing job..:haha:

Sounds like fun lol, it will be worth it when its all finished, always good to see such under rated cars like the corolla's dusting much more "fast" cars, love going past the mk2 gti golfs, they pull up in the pits thats a Corolla ha ha