ARB Bushes

J25GTi

Lifer
Alright guys,

The bushes on my front trd arb are perished the ones where it goes into the lower arm bars. Droplinks?

Is this an mot fail now?

Texx

Super Moderator
As long as there is no excessive movement caused by the deterioration of the bushes then it's not a reason to fail the MOT.

Texx

Super Moderator
another quick one

will these - http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?show=61690

work with the trd arb?

Don't think so, AFAIK you'll need the drop links with ball joints.

Edit:

IMG_3489.jpg

Texx

Super Moderator

They'll do the job, but be warned they are cheap and nasty.

As long as there is no play in the ball joints of your current droplinks, then personally I would just replace the bushes and keep the OEM droplinks:

http://www.camskill.co.uk/m19b0s1310p58379/_SUPERFLEX_-_Front_Poly_Anti_Roll_Bar_Droplink_Bush_Kit_-_Toyota_Starlet_01_1992_on_EP82_and_ALL_EP91

J25GTi

Lifer
In the ball joints? sorry im not quite following, basically on that picture youve put up, the bushes that are on the top of the wishbones are perished and have play so it will fail the mot, so i can just use those superflex ones you put the link up to replace those?

Texx

Super Moderator
In the ball joints? sorry im not quite following

The part of the droplink that connects to the roll bar is a ball joint, if there is any excessive in-out play in this joint the drop link needs to be replaced and could be a reason to fail the MOT.

basically on that picture youve put up, the bushes that are on the top of the wishbones are perished and have play so it will fail the mot, so i can just use those superflex ones you put the link up to replace those?

Yes the Superflex bushes are for the droplinks, a pair of bushes for each droplink.

J25GTi

Lifer
brilliant, its only play in the bushes that is causing the issue as there isnt alot of them left! Just working through the list of bits to get it through an mot which is a bit of a nightmare.

So whit the super flex one, its unbolt the drop link, slide the new bushes on and bolt it sall back together then? simples!

Texx

Super Moderator
So whit the super flex one, its unbolt the drop link, slide the new bushes on and bolt it sall back together then? simples!

Yep, although you may find it easier having both droplinks disconnected from the lower arms at the same time when changing the bushes rather than doing one side at a time.