Attention: For Serious tuners and Starlet Gurus

fastglanza

Member +
1. Is the map sensor of a EP91 M/T different to a EP91 A/t?
If so will it affect performance of JDM ECUS (Blitz,Jam,PowerFC, Emange etc)??

2. I've seen EP91 M/T TPS to be square 3 pin while EP91 A/T to be oval shaped and 4 pin i think...

Are there any EP91 oval shaped tps found on M/T? Again will this affect JDM ECUS as above??

Bascially my glanza was converted from Auto to Manual..it has a auto Map Sensor and oval shaped tps...but i will be running some form of JDM ECU and need to know if those parts will be affected.

hardcoreep

Member +
1: No. They are the same

2: The AT TPS is a potentometer while the MT TPS is a three way switch. The MT ECU cannot work with a AT TPS, you'd get an error.

well this is an area i have 100% expereince with:)

here goes fastglanza
1. Is the map sensor of a EP91 M/T different to a EP91 A/t? YES as hardcoreep explained
If so will it affect performance of JDM ECUS (Blitz,Jam,PowerFC, Emange etc)?? i ran a JAM ecu on my ep91 for a long time without ANY issues...and as u know, the JAM ecu is generally a M/T ecu

2. I've seen EP91 M/T TPS to be square 3 pin while EP91 A/T to be oval shaped and 4 pin i think...again this is true, as stated by hardcoreep

Are there any EP91 oval shaped tps found on M/T? no, not that i know of

Again will this affect JDM ECUS as above?? nope, done it without any side effects

Bascially my glanza was converted from Auto to Manual..it has a auto Map Sensor and oval shaped tps...but i will be running some form of JDM ECU and need to know if those parts will be affected. yes, my ep91 is also a conversion from auto to manual....so its the EXACT same thing u have done:cool:...i ran the JAM ecu for well over a year on local crap fuel i might add...nothing was affected..........HOWEVER, if u do a diagnositc test, u will get TPS error code,,,,ignore it.....its just from the different tps as outline above (switch - 3 wire vs potentometer -4 wire..........everything will work normallly from my observations/expereinces... as it has on my car.....

enjoy your JDM ecu.....as i did the labortory rat testing for u:haha:

additonally, i also know for a fact that this set up works with the emanage units:cool:

i've ran oem A/T ecu, oem M/T ecu and JAM ecu on that set up above without issues

PS---this is MY expereince

Aidan-G

Member +
i recently put an m/t engine into an auto glanza....it was still using the a/t ecu so i used the tps off the auto engine as you cant replace these without changing the comptete bit that connects to the intake manifold(forget the name of it)

anyway,the sensor broke puting the engine in,and i didnt know where id get one to work with the auto ecu..so the owner found one himself...an oval 4 pin out of an ukdm n/a starlet..ep82 model:)

i must chat him and see if its working ok..

just a bit of useless information i taught id share,if anyone is looking for an auto tps sensor,the ones from a ukdm n/a starlet seem to work,ill confirm this tho later..

fastglanza

Member +
yes tbh i have already run JDM ecu's on the A/T stuff and i found no problem..

i just wanted to know if i changed the tps (yes the whole throttle body) if i would get any more power

Fishy89GT

Banned
nice info regarding the tps off the uk non turbos.

I need an auto tps for my Fcom and cruise loom you see :)

would I be able to use a tps off a uk spec ep91 non turbo? I know they are potentimeter kind as the throttle position display on my SAFC in the non turbo displayed every % not just 0 and 100%.

let me know please guys!! :)

Aidan-G

Member +

would I be able to use a tps off a uk spec ep91 non turbo? I know they are potentimeter kind as the throttle position display on my SAFC in the non turbo displayed every % not just 0 and 100%.

im not to sure lad,also try the toyota carina!for an auto tps;)let me know how you get on

Texx

Super Moderator

From what I can understand from the EPC, the EP82 GT Auto throttle body is specific to just the one model. But the Auto TPS part number is 89452-22090, this number is also the same for these models:

European

euro-1.jpg

euro-2.jpg

euro-3.jpg

euro-4.jpg

JDM

jdm-1.jpg

jdm-2.jpg

jdm-3.jpg

jdm-4.jpg

jdm-5.jpg

jdm-6.jpg