Autobahn 88 fmic pics

Ben_EP82

Fresh Recruit
Just thought id add a couple of pics of the kit seconds out of its box!
Will hopefully be installing it on saturday.

mycarpicsfmic001.jpg

mycarpicsfmic002.jpg

mycarpicsfmic003.jpg

mycarpicsfmic004.jpg

MJA

Member +
order some new hose clamps from Toby's group buy. those jubilee clips are utter wank, my turbo pipe blew off at about .4 bar!

Also do not re-use the factory nuts on the turbo studs. the autobahn turbo pipe has a very very thick flange, and only a small length of stud sticks out the holes (the factory nuts have a thick built in washer on them and if you're not carefull you will strip the thread on the studs)

you will also need a gasket for the turbo pipe where it joins the flange

Matt_Seicentos

Member +
order some new hose clamps from Toby's group buy. those jubilee clips are utter wank, my turbo pipe blew off at about .4 bar!

Also do not re-use the factory nuts on the turbo studs. the autobahn turbo pipe has a very very thick flange, and only a small length of stud sticks out the holes (the factory nuts have a thick built in washer on them and if you're not carefull you will strip the thread on the studs)

you will also need a gasket for the turbo pipe where it joins the flange

I agree, also I don't have a gasket yet :O but the jubilee clips are shite, mine have come off about 4/5 times so gonna order toby's ones now! and get a gasket at some point lol

goldenvtr

Member +
Those T-bolts are amazing, i had some with my 200sx cooler kit but i sold that on, should of kept them. will be gettin some when i get my new engine in and sort out the pipes to perfection

Matt_Seicentos

Member +
it's probably the same with most jubilee clips. mine were done up as tight as possible (they nuts started to slip on the thread) and that happened after 10 mins driving.

mine lasted a day before blowing off, then lasted a good 2 weeks and on the way back from co-op before I go to work it bloody blew off, only just fixed it back before I have to go lol -_-

C

CaL

where did you get your fmic??ive founf somewhere brand new with RED hoses for £235....and i have jubilee clips anyway so im sorted....

MJA

Member +
where did you get your fmic??ive founf somewhere brand new with RED hoses for £235....and i have jubilee clips anyway so im sorted....

and that solves the jubilee clip problem how?...........

Wild

Member +
arrrgghhh.....

On topic - how thick are the autobahn88 cooler pipes? do they bend easily?

Rik

Member +
Ain't had a problem with my pipes blowing off yet but will be after some new clips. Used same bolts not a problem and got same gasket on atm. Will change that when I can be arsed lol. The only prob I had is having a chunk of metal missing from my pipes, god knows how as it was on the top side so nothing has flicked up and hit it...they are bloody thin things though! But does the job for the price ;)

i have this kit aswell
the pipe that goes onto the turbo i had 3mm skimmed off so would be a better fit in the turbo flange.
pipe did blow off but only done once.
was still pretty impressed with the kit

stuart

Member +
Mine have not blown off....then again after I took it out after fitting fmic first time, I stopped after 15 mins and went around and just re-nipped all the clamps....month down the line still no problems :)

cantbassed

Member +
my clips were utter crap to! had to re-new all of them and had to buy a reducer pipe as the same pipe as pictured kept blowing off! (you get what you pay for)

Matt_Seicentos

Member +
my clips were utter crap to! had to re-new all of them and had to buy a reducer pipe as the same pipe as pictured kept blowing off! (you get what you pay for)

I had the same pipe blowing off all the time, however I've managed to get it on VERY tight and it hasn't blown off once in 2 weeks whereas when I first fitted it, it was coming off every time it came on boost lol.

I'm happy with the autobahn kit, but it does need some minimal spending on it to make it what it should be.