Automatic to manual conversion

im thinking of getting a gt which is cheap,the only problem is that its automatic

how much work is involved converting it into manual

p_a_green29

Member +
Generally speaking youll be better off getting a manual one cos of all the grief.

Pedals, master and slave cylinder, lines, box, shifter, clutch. Theres postings on here from people who have done it, the last I read said something along the lines of ill never do that again! You also have to connect some wires or it wont start, plus the manual ECU is supposed to have a slightly better map

PSI JOE

Member +
Everything you'll need to know mate --> http://www.tercelreference.com/articles/auto_manual_conversion/auto_manual_conversion.html

I should also say, my last GT was an auto, and I loved it. It was like a big go-kart :) Hope this helps.

Dave

its funny you say that. cuz even though generaly speaking manuals are usualy way more fun to drive. if you get a decently quick tiny auto car it does really feel like you are driving a bigger go cart simply due to the fact of you hit the gas and thats it yank the wheel where ever etc etc and it just goes. its hard to explain but I totaly agree with you! I guess minimal to no effort really!?!

Sigma

Member +
Manual = Proper car.

Auto = Fun car.

As toward the conversion, I'd seriously consider just buying a manual car.

It'd cost you a grand in bits, and this could be spent getting the right car to begin with.

;)