Best CT9 manifold available?

MarcoFTE

Member +
Hi guys,

I have been asking myself this question (What manifold is the best one available?) for quite some time now. I currently have a brand new uprated CT9 manifold what appears to be an Autobahn manifold. Is still unfitted, sitting in a box somewhere under the bed:haha:
Anyway, I bought it in Holland, but I've seen other members that get cracks in the same brand manifold. I've done some reading, and people like the mild steel manifolds better? Anyway, I want to buy a new manifold for my FTE, the best one there is (or I can buy:cool:).

What do you guys recommend? The design or looks are not that important to me, reliability is what I am looking for. Currently I am running 0.65 bar boost with standard manifold. Also got two flexible pieces in my exhaust, and the Corolla has 4 engine mounts instead of the three a Starlet has. In the future I will be running the CT9 @ 1.0 bar controlled by a Blitz Access..

Also, is the ceramic coating on the manifold that some shops advertise with a good feature/investment? Or is it just an extra 'bling bling' factor?

Any advice and personal experience with the manifolds is very much appreciated!

Marco.

Idrees

Banned
I have heard many times that the Roadrunner manifolds are probably the best out there, however they are very rare.

Sacha's (Wicked EP Racing) manifolds look awesome and I haven't heard complaints about them, and he is a top man to deal with. I would certainly buy one of his if I could afford to.

durmz

Member +
best one ive seen thats easily accesible, is sps danes high flow mani

yes, the ceramic coating does help, well worth the investment, stops it rusting for one and holds in alot of heat, unlocking those few extra horses

boostup

Member +
ill recomend dane at sps he sells the ct9 mild steel mani 240plus delivery plus you get an 1 year warrenty iswell:)

MarcoFTE

Member +
Okay, is that manifold reliable concerning cracks? Good thing the manifold has a 1 year warranty, but I don't want to use any kind of warranty. I want it to work without any problems :p

Anyway, I've looked at the WEPR manifold, the SPS manifolds..
The high flow manifold is stainless steel, something to keep in mind for me. Also, I plan on staying with the TMIC (and bonnet scoop will be placed in the near future). Stock EFI piping will also be removed and replaced with a relocation setup.

Anyway, can someone explain to me what is the big difference in quality between these two manifolds:
First one, Mild steel (uncoated) and the financial damage is 240: http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34900

Second one, Mild steel (in+outside coated), financial damage 250..
http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17892

Does the WATERJET CUT flanges mean that they are not warped anymore?

durmz

Member +
the reason dane has a warranty on it is to prove its not gonna break, hes hardly gonna make any money from selling something thats gonna be sent back for free repairs.

if youre gonna stay with the tmic, the very best manifold isnt gonna do much for you anyways mate, might aswell just get a decent one thas not gonna crack and save yourself 100 odd quid, because without the extra cooling ure probably not gonna notice any difference between them, and also i wouldnt go to a bar with the tmic, things will get very hot

MarcoFTE

Member +
Hmm, well I've got a Blitz Access on the way to Holland so the fuelling and stuff isn't going to be a problem. Further, I've got plans to cut open the bonnet and place a very subtile scoop on it. When driving I personally don't think cooling the TMIC will become a problem. The bonnet scoop is big/wide enough to allow some good cooling:)

durmz

Member +
Hmm, well I've got a Blitz Access on the way to Holland so the fuelling and stuff isn't going to be a problem. Further, I've got plans to cut open the bonnet and place a very subtile scoop on it. When driving I personally don't think cooling the TMIC will become a problem. The bonnet scoop is big/wide enough to allow some good cooling:)

well the glanza comes with a big'ol scoop mate, it will work so go for what you think mate, but honestly using the standard tmic at a bar with a high flow mani the blitz and fuelling mods, its almost like a waste, because the intercooler will be getting so hot ule be losing shit loads of power, especially when it seems like u wanna get the best out of a ct9, hence wanting the best mani

SPS all the way...great product, very reasonable price...good communication and fast delivery........:rockon:---keeps everything in stock position

u can also look in to Zisco's/hybrid, wepr, speedvision, dave and toby...depending on the style u want---some of them have some wicked designs which bring some benefits.....but seems like u want to fit back somethings in stock position (TMIC, etc),,,,,so u would have to check the details of each one closely

JAM and roadrunners manifolds were also good, but very hard to get now

Last edited:

MarcoFTE

Member +
Thanks guys for the info+helpful answers.
I've also looked at the Zisco manifolds. They are a bit more expensive then SPS but look good.

Harvey

Member +
For the ultimate CT9 set up it has to be WEPR CT9 power up kit. Simply awesome bit of kit. External wastegate is superb! Just had my car dyno'd it made nearly 157bhp (or more accurate figure - 129 WBHP) at about 9.5-10psi! (yeah stock boost) thats with the restrictive efi pipe and a stock exhaust!! And its done 142k miles!!

I just wired in my emanage map sensor and that comfirms what triton and my gauge said - 9.5-10 psi (o.66bar was highest reading on emanage). Once it reached fool boost it dropped no more then 1psi to the rev limiter!

Its not a simple fit might (relocates turbo) so intercooler pipes need adapting, hard to fit with air con (i had to butcher the stock efi pipe for now) etc etc. And of course the cost is more (need to buy a 38mm wastegate)

So if you want to retain like the tmic, or simply want a good replacement manifold then the others that people have suggested are the ones to go for. Want a better set up - wepr ext wastegate one :)

MarcoFTE

Member +
Nice dyno-result Harvey, but I'm staying with my current healthy CT9(a). I just want a durable/reliable/effective CT9 manifold that allows me to keep an open mind concerning TMIC/FMIC/EFI pipe and what so ever.

Glanza_cl

Member +
I have one of the new mild steal sps manifolds they are amazingly well made but the face of mine warped and created a boost leak... this is not to say that another will as it only seems to be mine so far that has done it and Dane has sold a fair few now.

Zisco does some awesome mani's as does wicked ep.

if you go for any go for one from the traders on here.