Bit Annoyed!! Advice Needed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aimee

Member +
Wel as most of you know my car was up for sale and i watched it drive away into the distance yesterday...

GlanzaV.Tee bought the car, his away with family at the moment wanted the car and sorted it so his mate would come and collect! As he was willing to buy without viewing. I told him everything possible about the car and also bazza sent him a few msg's too.

The things that was wrong with the car were stonechips on front bumper, and that 2nd gear wasnt the best. It hasnt totally gone and only grinds every now and then, He was told this in pm. So his mate collected the car bare in mind his mate was going halves with paying and work that they have planned to do. His mate came checked the car over, test drove it, knew obviously everything as he saw it before he bought it.

Now i'v recieved a text message saying that we didnt tell tee about 2nd gear :mad: and his demanding i put half towards rebuild! Bazza sent pm telling him everything, unfortunately bazza has deleted his msg's so i would like to know if its possible a mod could try and get the msg thats been deleted.
I sold the car for 2350 i wanted 3500 at the start but i dropped price too 3200 but as 2nd gear and stonechips etc i dropped the price majorly so the car would sell i dont think he would get a glanza in as good condition for the price he paid for mine even with the 2nd gear being how it is as it was very low mileage and a very clean car! (other than stonechips)

So pissed off at the moment excuse my language im regretting selling my car as it is, and now his trying to get money back off me for something i told him about before he bought it!!
Where do i stand??

Rant over! :beer:

el_man

Fresh Recruit
did you get himt o sign a sold as seen agreement? if sooyou dont have to pay anything towards it not your car no more

ryandavis

Banned
had a prob like this in thepast and belive it or not once a sale is agreed....... and the buyr hnds ovr the cash they hav no cum back at all!! so altho u prob dnt want 2 tell him 2 go and shiteeeee!!!

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
did you get himt o sign a sold as seen agreement? if sooyou dont have to pay anything towards it not your car no more

It was viewed and drove and the buyer/part buyer was happy and paid for it AS IS.If the gearbox was bad it would be very obvious,imo not the sellers fault no matter what way you look at it.

Should've sent someone more experienced.

Aimee

Member +
Well no as i thought tee was a decent lad from the pm's that have been sent back and forth between us he seemed sound i wasnt out to do anyone over i cant believe his trying to say we didnt say anything im really not happy!

I didnt think i'd have any come backs on the car because iv told tee everything! Was only told wednesday that his mate who come to pick car up was going halves but when i replied to one of the text's tonight saying its basically both of your's now and you came and you knew about it he said he was no longer putting anything towards the car so its bit of a piss take i think!

Aimee

Member +
It was viewed and drove and the buyer/part buyer was happy and paid for it AS IS.If the gearbox was bad it would be very obvious,imo not the sellers fault no matter what way you look at it.

Should've sent someone more experienced.

Thanks! Trusted them both as they were saying it was basically both of there's so when the one who came to check car over was happy i thought i wouldnt have any problems.

He test drove it checked the whole car over, whilst on test drive 2nd gear didnt crunch or anything but because i wasnt out to do anyone over and we are decent people i said that sometimes 2nd does crunch i could of been a bitch and not said anything as the lad said tee had only told him abit about the car! Although bazza already sent pm to tee telling him.

The lad said he had done mechanics so...

I thought generally all cars are sold as seen unless in a dangerous condition? Like if it has an mot yet is rotten to hell and could fall apart, then they are entitled to something back.

But general rule in my opinion and my experience is everything is sold as seen unless stated other wise.

Bazza

Member +
thanks for all the comments people! :)

i pm'd him everything that was good with the car and also the bad bits

his reply to my pm that stated the gearbox wasnt the best (well 2nd) was whats a gearbox thats nothing major.

Is there any way a MOD can view deleted pm's?

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
thanks for all the comments people! :)

i pm'd him everything that was good with the car and also the bad bits

his reply to my pm that stated the gearbox wasnt the best (well 2nd) was whats a gearbox thats nothing major.

Is there any way a MOD can view deleted pm's?

Nope,deleted off the system im afraid.
They maybe in his though,in the quotes if he deleted the original.

Bazza

Member +
Nope,deleted off the system im afraid.
They maybe in his though,in the quotes if he deleted the original.

ok then no probs

o well sold as seen and the he test drove it and handed the cash over he could have said no if he wasnt fully satisfied!

Sharkman645

Member +
check with citizens advice they would be able to tell you where you stand about cars bein 'sold as seen' cause i think it is worthless statement if there is something wrong with the car that the buyer was not aware of before purchase (not saying that you didnt say about gearbox but that what he is arguing)

smythy75

Member +
Well if u genuinly told him in a pm he has no comeback, even if u didnt, there is no warrenty on a 10+ year old car or any second hand private sale.

Bazza

Member +
Well if u genuinly told him in a pm he has no comeback, even if u didnt, there is no warrenty on a 10+ year old car or any second hand private sale.

im 100% i told him and if i didnt the lad who test drove it was told, he drove the car because he was going halves and to be honest he kicked its head in but there were no crunches from second gear syncro's but we were decent and told him about this!

GaryGT

Member +
haha Tell him to take a running jump and F**k rite off
sounds like they are both muppets and maybe they spend money they both dont have and are now wanting out of the deal and der money back!
car inspected , car test drove , problems with car explained , money handed over.
Deal done
happy Christmas ;)

Bazza

Member +
haha Tell him to take a running jump and F**k rite off
sounds like they are both muppets and maybe they spend money they both dont have and are now wanting out of the deal and der money back!
car inspected , car test drove , problems with car explained , money handed over.
Deal done
happy Christmas ;)

lol!

exactly what i said to the missus so nothing to worry about! :)

no work now so let the xmas drinking begin! :p :beer:

Sharkman645

Member +
there is no warrenty on a 10+ year old car or any second hand private sale.

My bro was in a situation where he privately bought a car that had rotted underneath (only seen when it went on ramp few days after getting it and was not told by the guy) there was a full years ticket on it, there was no way it had been near an mot centre, the seller was saying sold as seen tough luck etc. So my bro contacted citizens advice and they told him you have 10 days or something like that to return the car on a private sale and you can take him to small claims court if he still maintains sold as seen stance, needless to say the guy returned his money.

Stulet-GTT

Member +
Sounds like a good deal for a V even with the gear box going, my gearbox went just after i brought it and yer was pissed off but i wouldn't go chasing the seller for money to pay for it..

I think the other buyer who picked the car up nailed it on the way home an prob made the gear box worse, so when it come to the other chap driving it the 2nd gear was completely knackered and not just a little like you told him...

Who the hell goes' half's on buying a car anyway??? are they lover's???:haha:

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
just a tip, with anything like this, always save your pm's, there is an option at the bottom of the pm windows saying

Download all Private Messages as:
XML | CSV | Text

right click text and choose save as, this will save all your pm's to your computer as a text doc, you can also do with with your sent pm's by selecting sent messages at the top and doing the same again.

Status
Not open for further replies.