bit lost?

Paul-GlzV

Member +
my battery went dead yesterday an don't know why? now none of the fans are working rad/heater(inside) checked all fuses an nothin blown? how wud u know if a relay is gone?

Sigma

Member +
Have the alternator's output checked with a current flow meter on the positive cable to the battery by a garage :)

This will determine if it's the alternator or not.

Sigma

Member +
If the alternator wasn't working, then the battery would gradually go flat whilst you were driving it.

Sure you didn't leave the interior light on or something daft?

Whats the current situation?

corofin12345

Member +
have you got a turbo timer in the car.. most of them have a voltage meter built in.. or if you have a volt meter, with the engine running you should be gettin around 14 volts on the battery.. anything below 12 volt and its your alternator.. when the battery is low it can effect most things in the car.. electric windows etc.. throw on jump leads from another car and try your heater then...

Last edited:

Paul-GlzV

Member +
have you got a turbo timer in the car.. most of them have a voltage meter built in.. or if you have a volt meter, with the engine running you should be gettin around 14 volts on the battery.. anything below 12 volt and its your alternator.. when the battery is low it can effect most things in the car.. electric windows etc.. throw on jump leads from another car and try your heater then...

tried a set of jump leads on wit car runnin an no joy tried swappin relays round an still no joy. just noticed my abs light has came on? i'm guessin theres no handy way of knowin without a meter or lettin a spark check it out?

Paul-GlzV

Member +
been speakin to a spark he recons battery is fooked? started car an took a terminal so car runs on alternator charge only so think battery is the fault.

corofin12345

Member +
is it 004L OR 004R?

rep added :p

sorry not 2 sure on that.. best thing 2 do is bring the battery with ya and throw it on the counter so who ever you bring it 2 can match it for ya.. (local motorfactors or halfords have them aswell) goin somewhere with just numbers sometimes works but then again you can meet a "know it all" and he could give you the wrong battery