Body shop quote

ianmcintoshi

Member +
Was just wondering how much money you guys have spent on the body work of your car (paint etc)

I took my glanza to my local bodyshop and was quoted 2000gbp for-

fitting fibreglass front bumper, fibre glass front fenders and fibre glass sideskirts and getting them all painted in ice blue/silver. I was also getting my passenger door re-painted as it had rust under the paint work where someone opened it into a wall or something.

Does this seem like a fair price? I knew it would be an expensive job bt didnt realise i would need to splash as much as that. The work needs done bt im unsure as to this is a good deal or not. any opinions?

madman

Member +
rip off i would say in fairness try getting a quote in other reputable body shops and it will give you a good idea of the price to pay

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
Was just wondering how much money you guys have spent on the body work of your car (paint etc)

I took my glanza to my local bodyshop and was quoted 2000gbp for-

fitting fibreglass front bumper, fibre glass front fenders and fibre glass sideskirts and getting them all painted in ice blue/silver. I was also getting my passenger door re-painted as it had rust under the paint work where someone opened it into a wall or something.

Does this seem like a fair price? I knew it would be an expensive job bt didnt realise i would need to splash as much as that. The work needs done bt im unsure as to this is a good deal or not. any opinions?
You 'd pay €2000 for an extremely good job with a colour change, that's a ridiculas price

ianmcintoshi

Member +
I did think it was a bit pricey. The guy said that he would have to blend the bumpers into the body and its not just a case of spraying the bumpers themselves. Has anyone had something similar done? How much did it cost (if u dont mind me asking)?

whiteglanzav

Member +
i was quoted yesterday to have a bumper fixed, fitted and sprayed as well as a bonnet fixed and sprayed also to have sideskirts and spats sprayed at fitted - a couple of scratches taken care of and another bumper sprayed all for £350

including to have it all blended

ianmcintoshi

Member +
i was quoted yesterday to have a bumper fixed, fitted and sprayed as well as a bonnet fixed and sprayed also to have sideskirts and spats sprayed at fitted - a couple of scratches taken care of and another bumper sprayed all for £350

including to have it all blended

WOW! So im guessing ive been massively over priced!!! ok lads ill shop around and see what i can come up with. Thanks as always peeps :)

madman

Member +
whiteglanzav has just given you a prime example so it is well worth shopping around i got another fella to do my body work and is as good and considerably cheaper

dac69er

Super Moderator
bodyshops vary greatly in price and quality.

half that price sounds fair. just sounds like they dont really want the job so gave you a price that was really high, had it myself before. alot of bodyshopd want to do easy jobs.

if you can see examples of stuff they have done previously its a good idea. i know a bloke who is stupidly cheap. will do a full respray for £500, but it will be a £500 job, simple as that.

bucketep91

Member +
pfft! thats daylight robbery, i just had my rear qtr painted due to a scratch before i got it:( varis bumper and vented fenders painted and fitted all for 250 awsome job aswell!

take a drive through to glasgow and ill put you onto the guy

ianmcintoshi

Member +
Cheers lads for all the replys. Ill shop around and ill let u know how i get on :)

bucketep91 i might take you up on that offer mate, cheers bud.

ianmcintoshi

Member +
ok so i went to a couple more body shops this morning and got quoted 1400gbp and 1000gbp. The place that quoted me 1000gbp is a back alley sort of place though so i dont think ill use them. He also said the kit wouldnt fit well so probably wouldnt be a good finnish. Does 1400 seem more reasonable? Think i might use these guys.

bucketep91

Member +
its your money mate, but 1400 is a kick in the stones.
look up colorscene body repairs on facebook and see this guys work and he will do it for less than half that

ianmcintoshi

Member +
its your money mate, but 1400 is a kick in the stones.
look up colorscene body repairs on facebook and see this guys work and he will do it for less than half that

Are these the guys you used mate? Its a lot of money and i dont want to be ripped off bt at the same time i want to make sure its a good job.

Jaf_ep91

Member +
id say very expensive i paid 1500gbp for a full respray and the glanza decals air brushed on, looks amazing well worth the money.

ianmcintoshi

Member +
Ive had a couple more quotes today, One guy said it would cost between 1700-2000 and another one said he could do it for 1000. Duno why bt they are all the same sort of ball park figures. Bucketep91 i tried that place on facebook and google and couldnt find anything. Do u know a link to ther page?

The lad that quoted me 1000 seemed a nice guy and its the cheapest so far, so im thinking ill use them however ive never seen any of their work so it will be a bit of a risk.