Boost Control Problem

CMR

Member +
Wonder if anyone can shed some light on this issue I have.

I have a 'form' of boost creep, although its not the traditional sense :p

Whatever I set my boost so, the car holds it fine then at 5k it increases by 0.2 bar then holds there to the readline

My understanding of creep, is that if the wastegate cant flow enough the boost will keep on rising, but, whatever boost i set mine to it still goes up my 0.2 lol.

Example, actuator 'set' to 0.5 bar, accelerate in 3rd, 0.5 bar fine, 5k increases to 0.6~, 5.5k 0.7~ then holds 0.7 to the redline.

If i set the boost to 0.8, it goes to 1bar at 5.5k and holds :homer:

I have tried running just on the actuator, and also with a turbosmart boost T and its the same.
I dont think its the wastegate not being big enough, because it would creep upto 1 bar when set to 0.5 not just stay at 0.7.
Could it be my toytuning actuator that isnt working properly?

Help appreciated, as its shit having the actuator set at 0.8 ;)

glanzanut

Lifer
if u had a leak somewhere on the line to the actuator i.e a split in the pipe ect then this could cause that. as it would be bleeding off.:freddy:

CMR

Member +
Theres no leaks on it, ive too different pieces of hose, one that just goes from actuator > turbo and another with the MBC in the middle. It happens with both.

If i set the actuator to like its lowest 0.5 bar or w/e and run 0.8 on the boost controller it still has the same problem and goes upto a bar higher up the revs :confused:

glanzanut

Lifer
de-cats can cause a fair bit of creep bud and every car seems to be different i.e some de-cat their car and suffer no creep while others see an increase. can you link any recent mod to when it started happening?:freddy:

CMR

Member +
Im runnign a hybrid with an larger wastegate though, and if it was creep, it would act differently to what its doing at the moment.

It creeps to 0.7~ from 0.5 and holds it completely, but if i set it to 0.7 (to combat the 'creep') it then goes to 0.9 and holts it. If it was creep, it would go to 0.9 when set to 0.5 if you get me?

glanzanut

Lifer
ah ur hybrid ok yeah i get u bud. what king of boost controler is it? could it be a fault with it if its holding the higher boost as if its a setting and not creeping?:freddy:

CMR

Member +
Happens just running on the actuator and the same on the controller (the controller is a turbosmart boost T as said above)

Im wondering if the actuator spring is too strong

glanzanut

Lifer
oh right i thought u had some for of electronic boost control. only way to rule out the actuator is to re fit a standard and if it dont creep then thats the culprit.:freddy:
also who made the hybrid?

CMR

Member +
I broke the standard taking it apart lol, its a tong turbo hybrid.

ANyone any other ideas, or could it be the actuator?

glanzanut

Lifer
think your best bet would be to get hold of a standard and try it on then bud. maybe someone else will have some ideas. gd luck anyways hope u get it sorted :freddy:

I broke the standard taking it apart lol, its a tong turbo hybrid.

ANyone any other ideas, or could it be the actuator?

I'd say its the spring in the actuator dude. I have a tongs too seems to very good at holding boost so I would'nt think it was that.