Boost creep, but backwards

MaccyD

Member +
I was wondering if anyone could sed some light on my problem. Basically im losing boost through the entire rev range. It drops from approx 1.1bar at low revs to approx 0.7bar at high revs. It doesnt have trouble spinning up in any gear or at any revs. its just not stable.

Its a standard ct9, i also have a full exhaust (starletgtturbo mani, zep racing style decat and blitz nur spec cat back), intake side i have a blitz LM front mount and an hks air filter on the standard pipework.

Electronically im running standard ECU with blitz dsbc boost controller and apexi safc. All of which have been setup on the dyno.

I always assumed it was the turbo running out of puff cos its so small but was informed it coul be the actuator. Any thoughts??

Thanks in advance

ChrisW

Lifer
Ar damn was kind of hoping it did lol.

I had my hybrid set up for 1bar on Saturday and noticed yesterday that the boost was dropping off all of a sudden from a bar! Dont understand it tbh, got HKS actuator also, cant see the wastegate cracking so soon on a fresh hybrid :confused:

goldenvtr

Member +
Ar damn was kind of hoping it did lol.

I had my hybrid set up for 1bar on Saturday and noticed yesterday that the boost was dropping off all of a sudden from a bar! Dont understand it tbh, got HKS actuator also, cant see the wastegate cracking so soon on a fresh hybrid :confused:

leaking dump valve is also a possability

ChrisW

Lifer
Can a blowing exhaust deffo cause it then because I know that the gasket is fucked between the decat and exhaust???

ChrisW

Lifer
I find it hard to believe that its a blowing exhaust tbh because I put the car back together knowing the gasket was goosed and it boosted perfectly when I took it out on Sunday. It just started to slip a bit yesterday. Please god dont let it be a cracked wastegate :(

ChrisGT

Member +
My boost was dropping off from 10psi down to a few psi and all thats wrong with it is a cracked mani, blown mani gaskets and cracked downpipe (quite a lot wrong to be fair!) lol

BlackVitz

Fresh Recruit
I was wondering if anyone could sed some light on my problem. Basically im losing boost through the entire rev range. It drops from approx 1.1bar at low revs to approx 0.7bar at high revs. It doesnt have trouble spinning up in any gear or at any revs. its just not stable.

Its a standard ct9, i also have a full exhaust (starletgtturbo mani, zep racing style decat and blitz nur spec cat back), intake side i have a blitz LM front mount and an hks air filter on the standard pipework.

Electronically im running standard ECU with blitz dsbc boost controller and apexi safc. All of which have been setup on the dyno.

I always assumed it was the turbo running out of puff cos its so small but was informed it coul be the actuator. Any thoughts??

Thanks in advance

i think actuator is the problem....or crack at the wastegate....Probably the first..

One question how you set up your car with safc at 1.1 bar?what settings have you done?(how much correction @ how rpm)