Boost creep resolved (usefull read if you bypassed hi/lo and get creep because of it)

Nickzorz

Member +
If you got a glanza like me (and maybe a GT) you may well have bypassed your solenoid like so http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/forums/showthread.php?2277-Hi-Low-Solenoid-Bypass

When i did this i got massive boost creep to about a bar maybe more. I originally solved the issue with a manual boost controller. But have found a simpler way. In the picture above notice the 2 green circles.

instead of linking them together, let whats underneath the top green circle vent to atmosphere and block up the bottom one (i have temporarily used some silicone hose with a screw in it to test if it works)

If you block the top one up then you will only ever boost at 0.3 bar (at least i did) Now i only creep to 7.5 bar when im foot to the floor in 3rd from low revs.

I hope this helps people out who were suffering from the same problem i did.

Paul_JJ

Member +
Never had any creep when bypassed hi/lo.
Barely get any boost creep even after installing the relocation kit! It's all about what Air Filter you've got mate!

dark_knight

Member +
massive boost creep?

i'd say massive boost creep like that points to other possible flaws in the air stream. the kinda filter in use and whether it's relocated or not. kinda exhaust and whether it's decatted or not. vacuum lines and if they are all air-tight. wastegate+actuator combo in use. the list is virtually endless.. :D

corofin12345

Member +
If you got a glanza like me (and maybe a GT) you may well have bypassed your solenoid like so http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/forums/showthread.php?2277-Hi-Low-Solenoid-Bypass

When i did this i got massive boost creep to about a bar maybe more. I originally solved the issue with a manual boost controller. But have found a simpler way. In the picture above notice the 2 green circles.

instead of linking them together, let whats underneath the top green circle vent to atmosphere and block up the bottom one (i have temporarily used some silicone hose with a screw in it to test if it works)

If you block the top one up then you will only ever boost at 0.3 bar (at least i did) Now i only creep to 7.5 bar when im foot to the floor in 3rd from low revs.

I hope this helps people out who were suffering from the same problem i did.

its still creeping mate tho as you pointed out... your problem is the wastegate, actuator or inlet been not restrictive enough for your setup

Nickzorz

Member +
But when i plug the hi/lo solenoid back in i dont get even a slight bit of creep. When i put the standard airbox in i get more creep than my current filter.

Just wanted to point it out if anyone had trouble.