Boost problem any ideas??

waltermotorsport

Fresh Recruit
Hi All,

When I accelerate in my glanza the boost is at 0.5 bar and when it reaches 4000rpm rises to 1.0 and then past 1.2 bar before 6500rpm! I am running a ct9 Hybrid which was rebuilt 2 months ago by Turbo Technics and they fitted it with an actuator and told me it was set to run 1.0 bar when this overboosting occured I changed it to a HKS one so I could lower the boost to around 7/8psi so I could run the turbo in properly. I am running fpr, fcd, fmic etc I was also running a Blitz SSBC the old style one with two knobs for high and low boost I removed this because I fought this could be the problem but its still occuring any ideas? :confused: I really dont want to do any damage to my engine or turbo!

Any light shed is much appreciated!

whiteglanzav

Member +
its boost creep matey it could do with the wastegate porting and it will be better with a boost controller or you could also buy the ext wastegate power up kit which will cure it 100%

glanzanut

Lifer
its boost creep matey it could do with the wastegate porting and it will be better with a boost controller or you could also buy the ext wastegate power up kit which will cure it 100%

Turbo technics do some mean turbos, it is possible however i can see them not porting the wastegate on a hybrid surely.:freddy:

glanzanut

Lifer
what way is the actuator mounted? i know u changed it but it sounds actuator related to be creeping up that high:freddy:

waltermotorsport

Fresh Recruit
Ye the rebuild they did on my turbo was A* the actuator was mounted as normal my mate runs a hks actuator on a ct9 at 0.6 bar and he doesnt suffer from boost creep so i thought if i put my hks one on it would cure it, Its just i would of thought it being a hybrid, turbo technics would of ported the wastegate already is there anyway i can check this?

Thanks for the help guys!

whiteglanzav

Member +
Ye the rebuild they did on my turbo was A* the actuator was mounted as normal my mate runs a hks actuator on a ct9 at 0.6 bar and he doesnt suffer from boost creep so i thought if i put my hks one on it would cure it, Its just i would of thought it being a hybrid, turbo technics would of ported the wastegate already is there anyway i can check this?

Thanks for the help guys!

the only way to check is to take offthe decat. if your actuator isnt mounyed properly it can also stop the wastegate opening at the correct time

glanzanut

Lifer
Pull the arm on the actuator out and make sure it's not catching or sticking. Also remove the pipe off the actuator and when u pull out the arm out hold ur finger over the hole and let go of the arm. And the arm should stay out:freddy:

pilgrim_fgau

Member +
you may have well done this, but it was my problem on a standard ct9, check and make sure the wastegate is closed tight,

are you meaning for the boost to be at 0.5 bar?

waltermotorsport

Fresh Recruit
Thanks for the help guys much appreciated!

Ye my tuner said to run the turbo no more than 8 psi for a few hundred miles until the turbo is run in properly then we can look at turning the boost up.