boost settings

trd-gt

Fresh Recruit
was just wondering what boost can i run on standard internals with a standard ct9 and what power id be looking from this boost,all help apreciated

GTdan

In The Closet
1 bar max with support mods

fmic
decat
cat back
filter
fcd
rrfpr
Manifold
actuator

or max without above is .8bar.

Monkfish

Member +
A CT9 will blow more than 1Bar, it's just running way out of its efficiency range and blows quite hot air.

Plugs and leads would be a consideration too. NGK Iridium (Heat Range 7) plus Magnecor leads are the popular choice.

trd-gt

Fresh Recruit
ill be using a front mount and filter and actuator defo,and a decat and manifold to come soon.what does the fcd help with?

trd-gt

Fresh Recruit
cheers lads,just some prick in a performance parts shop said id get 200bhp et the wheels if i used the autobahn88 intercooler and boosted to 1 bar with my current set up(air filter and cat back)i laughed at him and he said he was serious

durmz

Member +
well he was sorta close tbh, if you get the supporting mods and run a bar, ule be looking at 190 ish at fly, the thing is it wouldnt go to one bar without the supporting mods, ude hit fuel cut, or itd run lean and blow up etc etc, its ni imposs to run a bar safely without them, thats what there for really, and you will be looking at sum quickness my friend

GTdan

In The Closet
cheers lads,just some prick in a performance parts shop said id get 200bhp et the wheels if i used the autobahn88 intercooler and boosted to 1 bar with my current set up(air filter and cat back)i laughed at him and he said he was serious

200 at wheels - around 230 at fly rofl

the intercooler will be fine - ive got one.

well for front mount, decat, filter, fcd, rrfpr at 0.75 bar is around 165bhp - thats what mine was at.

Yet to get it tested at 0.9 with above, zisco mani and hyrbid - expecting around 190ish at fly.

trd-gt

Fresh Recruit
ill try got those mods in iv an nct to get tru,need an engine mount,shock bush and a shock to pass ,have a cooler sorted anyway

durmz

Member +
just be sure to get fuelling sorted properly at 1 bar, not run right ure blow ure turbo to pieces or even ure engine, if its leaned out or whatever

trd-gt

Fresh Recruit
any clue what id be looking at with just the frontmount and decat with manifold at the max i can run them at

durmz

Member +
im running bout 0.8 with just a decat, dno what power im running, but gets me about hehe, to run that tiny bit more just bypass the boost solenoid under the engine bay, ide estimate, front mount, decat, mani, air filter, at 0.8, least 160 odd brake, 165

durmz

Member +
no worries man :) any chance of sum rep? haha the scales by the avatar add rep to peoples help, opinions etc ;) thanks

Monkfish

Member +
At 1 Bar on a stock CT9 with an FMIC and all of the supporting mods, you'd be looking at 170-180bhp on a good engine. You will struggle to get much more than 190-200bhp out of a stock CT9 without running it way past its efficiency range and spending a fucking fortune on cams, management and lucky charms. Whoever told you that you could get 200bhp at the wheels with an FMIC and a basically stock setup is a massive, damp, penis.

durmz

Member +
At 1 Bar on a stock CT9 with an FMIC and all of the supporting mods, you'd be looking at 170-180bhp on a good engine. You will struggle to get much more than 190-200bhp out of a stock CT9 without running it way past its efficiency range and spending a fucking fortune on cams, management and lucky charms. Whoever told you that you could get 200bhp at the wheels with an FMIC and a basically stock setup is a massive, damp, penis.

hahahaha