Brake Fluid Change - URGENT HELP NEEDED!

turbo-roj

Member +
Hi Guys and gals (think i always say that!)

I am / was planning on changing the brake fluid this satday HOWEVER, went out, bought the fluid and "Ezibleed" kit however, without even thinking, opened the bonnet tonight and realised/remembered the brake fluid resevoir aint a flaming screw on and the cap is huge!!!

Anyway, obviously the ezibleed aint gonna work so need advice, presumably its a 2 person job but can someone give me a rough guideline on how to change the fluid? i get the idea of pumping the pedal while the other bleeds the calipers however, could this be done with the engine on? to help?

All good advice will be rewarded with respect! WOOHOO!

Thanks!

pockrockgtti

Member +

turbo-roj

Member +
very good advice!! looks a good bit of kit, will get one next time coz need it this weekend, reputation added

Cheers bud

madman

Member +
you can buy a one man bleeding kit in halfords for about a tenner it works a treat i have one myself and it the best thing for the job imo really easy to use aswel

Ted

Member +
you can make the eezibleed system work if you got hold of a spare toyota master cylinder cap and used it instead of the screw on cap. i have used it on an awkward system and it worked.

turbo-roj

Member +
Right mate, i did my brakes 2 weeks ago, the ezi-bleed dont fit at all! its quite easy to do with 2 people tho, all ya want to avoid is getting air in the system (quite easy to do) and havea block of wood under to brake pedal so the pedal dont go all way to the floor, if ya want more info matey just let me know