Brakes rubbing

4efteboost

Member +
Just replaced my front discs and pads with grooved discs and ebc pads, my front left seems to be sticking slightly and lets off a burnin smell and a little smoke when driving. Also when i press the brake pedal i can feel it sorta juddering through the pedal itself, feels like i can feel the grooves hitting the pad.. Ive never had grooved before so dont know if its meant to be like that :s

dac69er

Super Moderator
If its been smoking then there is a chance you have warped the disc. If you have, only way to get rid of it is to have the discs skimmed or replace them!

4efteboost

Member +
Im pretty sure i did give it a clean before i put the disc on but im gonna double check 2moro, would not putting a bit of grease on the end of the pads in the metal shim things cause it? As i did forget to do it and will be doing that 2moro aswell.

4efteboost

Member +
Also i have just looked at the tutorial again and i didnt get any new little metal shim things for the end of the pads? And they were not on there when i took the old ones off :s

4efteboost

Member +
I thought that aswell, i have ordered some from my local motorfactors and will give the hub a good scrub with brake cleaner and a wire brush while im there and see if that helps. Thanks for the help