Buckled wheel

chickenn

Member +
I recently got some rota grids of a mate and when I went to get new tyres put on and balancing done the fitter told me 1 of the wheels had a slight centre buckle. Is it worth getting it sorted if so were can I get it done. Any help will be reped

Jay

Admin
Depends on how bad it is mate. If you can notice it when driving then it's worth getting sorted sooner rather than later.

yup how bad isit?

a mean i work as a tyre fitter and i seen "slightly" buckled wheels on a daily occurance nowadayd with these roads. If it balances out all good stick it on back if only slightly.

chickenn

Member +
My mate told me he could see it wobble a bit when driving as I put it on the back. He couldn't balance it properly he said if he put more weights on it will make it worse than the buckle can't remember the term he used lol. Were abouts would I be able to get it sorted.

cooz93

Member +
Some tyre garages have machInes the can straighten them. Where I work to anyway. Depends how bad the buckle is aswel.. Heat it up to about 60 degrees with a propane burner and hammer it if you cant find anywhere.. Just make sure you keep heating it! Also if it isn't to bad some places do a dynamic balance.. Where i work it's called an 'alu 3' setting. Try kwik fit, think they use the same balancers