Burning oil

Eoin

Member +
ryt today i took off my intercooler pipes and there is fresh oil in them,, i looked in my decat and all there is ,is sutt..i notice my car is burning a little oil lately.. my compression test was fine.. and i noticed when i gave it to er today ther was blue smoke.. any ideas lads or is it defo the turbo?? would worn turbo seals make the car loose oil..?

After-Glanza

Member +
Blue smoke represents burning oil and this is a symptom of turbo oil seals. When you sit at idle for a period of a few minutes does it start throwing out blueish smoke? If so then it's
no doubt your seals and yes the turbo seals would cause your oil level to drop.

sam_glanz

Member +
iv come across many cars with white smoke when turbo seals have gone, and more of a bluey smoke when its the rings?

Last edited:

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
As above it sounds like turbo seals, but just in case once the turbo is off have a look inside the exhaust ports of the head, if u see oil there on the top side of the port it may be valve seals. I dont mean its the case, just a good idea to check whilst the turbo & mani are off.

Kon

Eoin

Member +
I'll have a look at it dude gimme a shout one of the evenings.

cheers corey man!its a fucker tho it olny smokes when its well warmed up!

cheers lads for the imput.. the head was rebuilt 2months ago..so dout its the stem seals..ther is oil in the intake pipe too..thers oil in the pipes of each side of the intercooler..

TRD DAN

Fresh Recruit
you will get very slight residue in the cooler pipes over time but if there is clearly quite a lot i would deffinately say turbo seals

dan