C.V Joints....recomendations/advice

Mikeygtt

Member +
Hi guys,

My N/S C.V Joint is starting to knock about a bit now, so am looking to get it changed obviously asap.

What im wondering is whether to get a pattern C.V (from TMD or such like), or if i should cough up the readies for a toymota one?

Also is there any particular pattern C.V to go for?

Any advice/help will be greatly recieved

Cheers

Mikey

Mikeygtt

Member +
Also how can i work out which set of splines i need to order? Looking on TMD i have the option of 23/23 or 23/30?

Will i only know once stripped?

Cheers

Mikey

Last edited:
The CV joints we sell are made by Solid Ace. Between them and ADL they make most parts for Japanese/Korean cars so the joint will basically be the same as Toyota just a lot cheaper without the Toyota box. A point to note is car manufacturers make very few, if any parts, they just simply assemble them

tiptop

Member +
How much do use sell them for? and whats the difference between the 2 sizes of teeth/splines avilable?

Mikeygtt

Member +
From Toyota the price differs for n/s and o/s. the n/s coming in at just 244+vat and the o/s coming in at 349+vat (off the top of my head, got my parts bloke to phone up yesterday so have slept since!!)

Toyota give the reason as the CV cant be split so you have to buy the complete assembly. Which seems strange giving Dave can supply a CV on its own?!?!

Dave - What happens if your car is a 92 car! Will i need to strip it first to find out? or order both and send one back to ya? Dont really want the car sitting around not being able to drive while i wait for a part.

Thanks for the help

Mikey

Mikeygtt

Member +
Thanks dave, will get the chassis off the car tomorrow and send it over for you. Then shall be visiting your site for getting one on order at the end of the month :)

Cheers

Mikey