can't engage gears at high rpm

baconfrys

Member +
Hi all, just had 6 puk clutch and fly from tuning developments, to begin with it was slipping which I put down to needing ran in. So after a run in period it has now stop slipping but now have 2 issues. At high rpm from like first to second its impossible to get a gear also which is very weird when I am at a junction or in traffic in first with my foot on floor with clutch the car decides to move off as if I had lifted clutch but I haven't!

This is just since new clutch been fitted and td aren't open till monday so thought ad see if anyone can help so I can fix over weekend

Thanks

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
Sounds like the clutch may be dragging, I've had that happen to me before.

There is an adjuster down at the pedal that you can try winding out to give it more throw or if that doesn't work a crude way to sort it is put a longer bar into the slave cylinder.

baconfrys

Member +
Hi spuddy, tryed adjusting it a bit but no difference,the biting point is around half to 3 quarters up so how can it still drag I just can't get my head around it

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
Hmm that is odd, mine had the biting point right at the floor and it got worse as it got a bit of heat into it.

Perhaps some air in the lines or a leaky master or slave cylinder??

baconfrys

Member +
Is there anyway of checking? It's funny how it's only since the new clutch and fly been fitted am completely stumbled there is no visible leaks on neither cylinders ect