Cant get good paddle

starlet turbo

Fresh Recruit
put new levin clappers and new brake lines braded, but i cant seem to get my paddle back ive doing the bleedin more than 3 time now

CAN ANY1 HELP ME PLEASE doing my head in :(

yaristurbo

Member +
up and try

Nipple closed, pumping pedal 10 times holding down the releasing the nipple till flow stops locking it off then repeating.

Pressure bleeding, constant flow thru system with spec tool

Always keep the master cly topped
pple open push pedal down close nipple let pedal up repeat til done

Nipple open washer pipe on end in 500ml pop bottle with small amount in bottom and pump till bubbles stop

Just some of the methods I have found to work

Texx

Super Moderator
Get yourself a glass container (an empty coffee jar works very well) and a length of hose (washer jet hose will do the job), pour some brake fluid into the glass container so the level is approx 1.5"-2" from the bottom, submerge one end of the hose in the brake fluid (ensure it's fully submerged and not likely to lift out) and push the other end over the bleed nipple on the caliper. Ensure the brake fluid master cylinder reservoir is top up, crack the bleed nipple off 1/2 a turn and then gentle depress the brake pedal. Make sure the pedal goes all the way to the floor and all the way back up again on each travel, do this 10-15 times and then recheck the fluid level in the reservoir. Once your done tighten the bleed nipple, top up the brake fluid and check the pedal feel.

If the pedal remains firm when your trying to bleed, tighten the bleed nipple and pump the brake pedal several times and then try the above process again. If you've got someone who can give you a hand then they can watch the glass container as you pump the pedal and tell you whether any more air can bee seen bleeding out.