Car Failed Mot - Missing Side Repeaters

Sharkman645

Member +
Car went for mot yesterday and failed for having no side repeaters. I assume i have no right for appeal as the tester said any car being tested is supposed to have indicators front back and side.

sx_turbo

Lifer
take it else where, it doesnt need them, thats why you have the little bits sticking out of the front indicators

turboflow

Member +
yeah those bits on ur quater lights extrude out past the width of the wing so that there is no need for a seporate side repeater

Craig

Lifer
Just to backup what the other 2 have said, this is correct. As suggested, go elsewhere. I wouldn't waste your time trying to explain it to the garage that failed you.

Sharkman645

Member +
cheers guys for the replies i thought that what the tips on the indicators were for but didnt want to make a prick of myself cause i wasnt fully sure but as phil has said we cant go to another garage we have to go to mot centres over here so to make it easier for future years i will prob have to get them fitted

Last edited:

Craig

Lifer
cheers guys for the replies i thought that what the tips on the indicators were for but didnt want to make a prick of myself cause i wasnt fully sure but as phil has said we cant go to another garage we have to go to mot centres over here so to make it easier for future years i will prob have to get them fitted

I'd argue your case before spending money getting them fitted, because at the end of the day. The are NOT needed.

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
Which test centre was it? My MOT is due and don't want to go to the same place lol!

Phil

Super Moderator
different people different days and you'll get a different outcome, for instance me and plenty others have past in the past without them, in ards.

Phil

Trevor

Member +
Side Repeaters

The nob hadn't got a clue.I'd go back and make an appeal to the centre manager.DO NOT fit side repeaters.

addz

Member +
Everyone testers different, if they done their jobs according to books would this have occured. Anyhow, thats why you have the buldge on your front indicators, to replace side reps.

I've never had issues with this.

weakboy2

Member +
it'll still fail, as the abs light should come on then extinguish, the tester will notice that there is ABS fitted.

Unless your lucky and get away with it...

SupaStu

Member +
it'll still fail, as the abs light should come on then extinguish, the tester will notice that there is ABS fitted.

Unless your lucky and get away with it...

Nah, they dont spend that long to notice, they didnt notice my KPH dials before.

Sharkman645

Member +
I have been in touch with mot centre manager and he has said that the car does require indicators on the side, i explained that my indicators have a part that extends past the side of car so is visible at side and he said he is aware that cars do have this but they are starting to clamp down on this and any car that doesnt have them from now on will not pass, he says i dont have to re apply for mot just call in and show them fitted and working and i will get certificate.

Any one in ni who is going for mot keep this in mind.