car not going over 4k

eddy_amaya08

Member +
ok im new to here so im seeking some info
ok first off i have a 93 tercel w a 4efte swap and i did it all my self the car runs but it does not go over 4k as the title says i pulled some codes and got 14 and 51 so any suggestions would be appreciated

mingles

Fresh Recruit
51 is the knock sensor code.Check the connection to the knock sensor is good.If it is you mite have to replace it.With it sensing knock it will pull back timing etc to protect the engine.Hope this helps.

eddy_amaya08

Member +
51 is the knock sensor code.Check the connection to the knock sensor is good.If it is you mite have to replace it.With it sensing knock it will pull back timing etc to protect the engine.Hope this helps.
how can i check if the knock sensor is bad??? and if bad where can i get a new one?? can i use the one off my 3ee??

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.

where did you get that info?? 51 is not the knock sensor 52 is.

14 - ignition problems

51 - a/c switch or tps

check your tps is set correctly and checkl all leads/dissy/roter/plugs

eddy_amaya08

Member +
where did you get that info?? 51 is not the knock sensor 52 is.

14 - ignition problems

51 - a/c switch or tps

check your tps is set correctly and checkl all leads/dissy/roter/plugs
Ok when I got my engine the tps was broken off so had to get a new one so I put one on and put it exactly where the other ones place so im not sure how to fix that....

eddy_amaya08

Member +
Ok so today I went to get new tires today and on my way home I hit a bump and w the sprins I have it bounced pretty hard next thing I know car shut off and won't start again...