car runen like a dog

spudep91

Member +
Hi my car been sitting up about a year move 3 or 4 times last time i sat her back in spot was grand then m8 went to move it last nite and it runing like shit as if its off all cilenders lol. Lumpy as and when he puts yhe pedal down hardly revs up at all then when lets off conks out. I cant get a look to week end could a fcuked battery do this. Thanks in addvance

fucked battery wont screw it up a such just make it idle really high. check your leads and vacuum hoses if they been sitting ages might of split/coroded

spudep91

Member +
rite got a quick look at her over the weekend its runing on 1 cyilender the 3 one from left to right. i pulled the leads 1 by one when started and thats the only one that was runing so im thinking its 1 of 3 things the plugs the leads or distributer it hardly be anything else would it. thinking mybe the distributer is mybe corroded a bit inside mybe just an sand down a bit?

sam_glanz

Member +
rite got a quick look at her over the weekend its runing on 1 cyilender the 3 one from left to right. i pulled the leads 1 by one when started and thats the only one that was runing so im thinking its 1 of 3 things the plugs the leads or distributer it hardly be anything else would it. thinking mybe the distributer is mybe corroded a bit inside mybe just an sand down a bit?

You'll probably find water has leaked down through the bonnet scoop and found its way to the plugs/leads, clean the lead ends up and put a new set of plugs in it, (not expensive for a peace of mind) also as another guy said, fuel: drain the old fuel out, if its been sitting there for some time it will lose its volatility, it will still combust.. But will run like a dog, might seem a bit silly draining the fuel out but,.. Old fuel can oxidise in the tank, and cause a sludge/gummy like paste in the tank, and that could cause you other issues, I'm not saying that is the problem mate, but its worth a thought before it causes you problems

spudep91

Member +
Had a wuick pesk in while I was there and all pots seemed dry as a bone (I have a glanza s bonnet) as for the petrol its was very low thats what I thought it was so topped it up with tener worth. The one thing I did change few montgs back was the fule line but it ran ok when I swaped it because I took her a run down the road so dont really think its to do with that

weeJohn

Lifer
Clean the 4 contact points on the inside of the dizzy cap and the rotor arm as well, worth checking the spark plugs are dry before you try it again.