Car struggling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sgtturbo

Member +
Need help please just re built my engine on the road now but it feels like it struggles. Under ligh throttle it drived okish but if you add any thing more it boosts up but almost like the brakes are slightly on. All noises but no real go.
I cone the cam timing again ... fine, ignition timing.... fine!
I just put my efi fuel pressure gauge on it but it reads in KPA lol ?????
Its running 245 kpa i think.
I dunno if its running lean or rich but it has got standard set up no mods. Just under 10 psi boost, air filter in grill. De cat. thats it. tmic.

Please help me ppl
running out of ideas and its pissing me off. I cant drive the car hardly. Plz

Andy

Mike D EP82

Member +
mines runs around 10-11 psi boost with only a de-cat, system and an induction kit, with no problems at all. have you changed the plugs and leads? is the rotor arm ok? coil? clogged air filter? it could be anything from fuel, air, spark starvation to even some daft little sensor. usually when a car runs rich it will have puffs of black smoke out the exhaust. nothing like a diesel but noticable if you look when revving

TurboDave

Member +
If it was running tidy before you rebuilt it my money is on a sensor being off somewhere, do a diagnostic test.

sgtturbo

Member +
just done a diagno testno codes or anything. Its really hard to describe whats going on with it.
If i drive under light throttle it picks up reasnably ok, but anything around 5000rmp and i get scared as it sounds like its going to explode lol...
if i plant my foot, the turbo spools up fine but the engine will not pick up, it will rev up but no where near as fast as it should. Then around the 4500- 5000rpm it makes a loud pop and few puffs of black to go with it.....
I done an emissions text today and he CO% reading was around 0.300. i herd before when they had their car running really rich it was around 2.000.. If anyone can help please

thank you Andy

Adam_Glanza

Member +
sounds like its running rich mate, if you went to a decent garage they should be able to tell without doing that.

its all leading to overfueling in my eyes but maybe some proffesional help would make the difference before its too late mate

sx_turbo

Lifer
just looked on google, and your fuel reg is is running at 2.45 bar, so that seems ok.

are you sure no sensors have been left off any where?

maybe your map sensor is fubard

sgtturbo

Member +
rite today i swapped for another fuel pump cleaned out the dizzy cap, there a very hair line Y shape crack near the end of the rotor arm i dont no if that could be causing any prob, ermmm i swapped all plugs out of my old engine as i no they was sparkin correctly, cleaned HT leads and put a new fuel fitler on.
All this did make a difference it will accelerate slightly better. And with my mated FSE on it does drive better. But still if i plant my foot now it struggles then after a bew seconds bumps about and BANG puff of black smoke and a flame. (Although this is very nice to watch for others it cant be doing and good)

And more ideas....
Andy

sgtturbo

Member +
@ sx turbo,,,,, how would i find out about map sensors bein dead or anything like such? Where are they located?
Ive had it on the diagnostic IT1 and there no codes up.

Cheers
andy

gt-stu

Member +
rite today i swapped for another fuel pump cleaned out the dizzy cap, there a very hair line Y shape crack near the end of the rotor arm i dont no if that could be causing any prob, ermmm i swapped all plugs out of my old engine as i no they was sparkin correctly, cleaned HT leads and put a new fuel fitler on.
All this did make a difference it will accelerate slightly better. And with my mated FSE on it does drive better. But still if i plant my foot now it struggles then after a bew seconds bumps about and BANG puff of black smoke and a flame. (Although this is very nice to watch for others it cant be doing and good)

And more ideas....
Andy

im 95% sure its youre ignition advance not set properly,mine was exactly the same after i put a new engine in.

sx_turbo

Lifer
i think you should change your disi cap and rotor arm, you mentioned there was a hairline crack in one of these parts, that can actually cause a majour problem so i would recomend replacing for brandnew parts.