Car wont start, getting no sign of life at all

squeekyduck

Member +
Hey all,

I am having a problem starting my car. It basically is showing no signs of life at all. It is as if the battery is not connected at all.
The battery is new as in 1 day old, and everything is connected like it should. I am thinking the problem is with the ignition, but where do I start looking?

Alan

madman

Member +
might be a stupid question alan but did u charge the new battery over night?? or even try jump leads to see if their is life in her?

FeNder

Member +
hmm if ure not getting that far then i reckon it will be ignition related ,
start working from the ignitor fwds

squeekyduck

Member +
might be a stupid question alan but did u charge the new battery over night?? or even try jump leads to see if their is life in her?

Never touched the battery John. Just bought it yesterday and connected it today. I say its ignition related but cant see where anything is disconnected or tampered with.

scot-ish

Member +
dont wanna sound cockish, but

what exactly is happening, you getttin dash lights? fuel pump priming??

madman

Member +
you will have to charge the battery alan as it will have bein sitting for god knows how long id start wit that as it more than likely needs a charge connect a set of jump leads and see if you get any life then

squeekyduck

Member +
dont wanna sound cockish, but

what exactly is happening, you getttin dash lights? fuel pump priming??

Nothing. As in, its as if the battery is not connected. I have the battery on charge now so we shall see tomorrow. Fingers crossed its something simple.

If there is no dash lights / horn not working etc.. then it is the battery. Either it is dead flat or else the connecters are correded from lying up (need cleaned) or the earth is not connected.

I would believe it is not something major but is something silly:p

goldenvtr

Member +
engine bay fuses all ok? have you had under the steering wheel panel out atall - maybe left the ignition barrel conector block off?