car wont start

glanzatd04l

Member +
hi lad's after a long year gradually converting the glanza to td04 I tried to start her but she just turns over and not even a sign of firing.

spec

ramhorn manifold
2 1/2 decat
2 1/2 stainless exhaust
td04l turbo
fmic
civic alloy rad
rrfpr
e manage blue
hks dv
relocated air filter
3 puk paddle clutch
walbro fuel pump

would the car not start if the e manage blue wasn't wired right but im sure its wired right cause used a diagram off the site, also when I turn the ignition on I don't hear the fuel pump priming but once I stop turning the engine over I hear the fuel pump priming is this normal?

also when I turned the ignition on the green light on the ecu flash's and the orange light stay's on, is this normal?

Last edited:

Gilly2006

Member +
Yes the car won't start unless you have spliced that ignition cables in correctly, its been that long since I did mine I can't tell you off the top of my head but i will get the link for you.

Also the stock ecu has two injector signal wires not 4. They have to be 1+3 on one cable and 4+2 on the other. Which is = to the firing order on the 4e.

Last edited:

CaptainSnooze

Fresh Recruit
I find it hard to believe the engine starts with the Emanage unplugged :O Wouldn't the injector fire wires and ignition fire wires then be "Cut completely" as the plug isn't connected to Emanage anymore? ..or have you re-plugged the wires back together? Hope Im making some sort of sense :)

Have U hooked up Emanage to laptop yet when its powered up?
Are the jumper settings on Emanage correct for 4EFTE?
Can you try someone else's Emanage to test?

I'll try find my wiring documents from when I installed mine and post them for you.

We gotta get your newly TD04'd beast going :D

glanzatd04l

Member +
I find it hard to believe the engine starts with the Emanage unplugged :O Wouldn't the injector fire wires and ignition fire wires then be "Cut completely" as the plug isn't connected to Emanage anymore? ..or have you re-plugged the wires back together? Hope Im making some sort of sense :)

Have U hooked up Emanage to laptop yet when its powered up?
Are the jumper settings on Emanage correct for 4EFTE?
Can you try someone else's Emanage to test?

I'll try find my wiring documents from when I installed mine and post them for you.

We gotta get your newly TD04'd beast going :D

hi captainsnooze if the car starts with the e manage unplugged then I must have the injector wire and ignition fire wire wrong.
haven't hooked the e manage to the laptop cause don't have the cable.
I have the jumper settings at 2 4 0 which I think is correct.

if you could send me your wiring diagram that would be great and i'll find out where I went wrong.

cheers

kevin

glanzatd04l

Member +
I checked the rotary and jumper settings on the e manage blue and all is correct also checked all the e manage wiring harness I spliced into the main loom but I thing I have the blue/black blue/white ignition wires wired in wrong resulting in me having no spark. if someone could send me a picture of how they wired the ignition wires in it would be greatly appreciated. need to get her starting on the e manage blue so I can get her mapped.

kevin

glanzatd04l

Member +
has anyone got a picture of how they wired their e manage blue into there loom? just to see what ive done wrong cause im starting to pull what's left of the hair I have out. lol
as you can tell from all the questions I'm not that great with wiring.

Kevin

glanzatd04l

Member +
can someone confirm a wee question for me please. on the e manage wiring it shows injector input ch1+2 to be wired into connector 1 pin 12 and injector input ch3+4 to be wired into connector 1 pin 25, but on the manual it shows pin 12 as injector pulse 1+3 and pin 25 as injector pulse 2+4 so to me this would make the firing order wrong?

kevin