Carbon Goodies Carbon Revers scoop fitted

Rob H

Member +
Thought I would throw these up for Rick (Carbon Goodies) as Im the first one to fit one for him.

First the stock scoop weighs in at a whoping 450 grams!! the carbon one is only 137 grams thats some saving!!!!

This is how it looks!! The picks are off my phone so there not the best but you will get the idea. And my car int the cleanest its been lol.

Jay

Admin
Looks a hell of a lot better than the ZEP one I have at the minute!

That's a promising start, looking forward to seeing more carbon goodies from Carbon Goodies.

Jay

Ok guys, I'm glad you are saying they fit is good.

This particular one was the very first, and only one I've had made so far. I sent it out to the first customer who wasn't happy with the gaps around the edges of the scoop and the recess in the bonnet. I agreed with him so shelved them until the manufacturer reworks the mould, which is taking an eternity.

Would you guys be happy with the fit of these? If so then I can start production now.

Cheers

Rick

Looks a hell of a lot better than the ZEP one I have at the minute!

That's a promising start, looking forward to seeing more carbon goodies from Carbon Goodies.

Jay

I've seen a ZEP one Jay and the quality was laughable. That one is basically made from fibreglass with a skin of carbon. The one I do is made from pre preg 2x2 twill weave carbon fibre.

They are also made by a manufacturer who makes all of the carbon for a very large Japanese car manufacturer in the UK.

Jay

Admin
I should really take a few comparison pics to show the difference Rick - some people don't know quality when they see it lol.

AdamB

Member +
The quality looks very good Rick! Tbh the gaps around the egdes to me anyway, do seem a little on the large side, but I don't think it would put me off buying one :)