Cat's new motor

Thought I'd post up a few pics of the new motor, not going to do a progress thread though, just thought you's might be interested to see the motor I replaced the starlet with:
DSCF0501.jpg

DSCF0500.jpg

DSCF0503.jpg

DSCF0499.jpg

DSCF0513.jpg

DSCF0579.jpg

DSCF0570.jpg

DSCF0572.jpg

Spec:
-Jenvey ITB's
-AST coilovers
-Omex 600 ecu
-full piper system
-decat

Mods I've done:
-Pure motorsport air con removal kit
-Blue magnecore ht leads
-Pure motorsport stud conversion
-Wind deflectors
-Blue tooth head unit and stalk control adapter
-Timing belt and water pump
-New plugs, filters, oil and coolent
-New good year f1's all round
-Geometry set up properly

Should be off to be getting sprayed soon to make it all nice and tidy. And I've got tot fit my blue samco rad hosing over the weekend when I have time.

Hope you like folks :)

Last edited:

weakboy2

Member +
nice one cat, can i ask how much roughly you gave for this?

think i am going have one for my next motor, want something that handles better than a gt that i have spent millions on lol

dac69er

Super Moderator
im seriously thinking of getting one of these to use on the track. its between one of these and an mx5, they are fairly similarly priced when you look at the cheaper 172.

ALaN

Member +
Very nice mate. I used to have a megane coupe 2.0 16v with throttle bodies (and a few other bits) it was running 212bhp and was mighty good fun. Any idea of a power figure for your current set up?

Sorry some one had to say it...

Looks tidy tho, friend had one an it did go fair well...

Cock :D Nah I knew someone had to, may as well be that man huh? lol

nice one cat, can i ask how much roughly you gave for this?

think i am going have one for my next motor, want something that handles better than a gt that i have spent millions on lol

3.3 large, years mot and 6 months tax

Very nice mate. I used to have a megane coupe 2.0 16v with throttle bodies (and a few other bits) it was running 212bhp and was mighty good fun. Any idea of a power figure for your current set up?

204.5bhp at the fly is what a graph I got says, although since it's a fly figure means piss all to me tbh, I hate stating fly figures but thats all the info I can give you.

any chance of a video cat?

I'll try and take a vid some time but my camera equipment aint great for videos lol

Thanks for all the comments so far though lads :)

addz

Member +
It does look quite tasty to be fair, but not my cup of tea personally.

Best of luck with motor:)

Thats quite alright bud, it won't be to everyones taste :) I was never a fan of them until I almost bought a sport exclusive which set me on the clio path. As I originally went there to have a look at a starlet to use as a run about but thankfully mark confirmed my thoughts it was shit lol

Oh forgot to add this also has the lightweight alloy bonnet as well that some clios have. Woop :D

aaronw

Member +
very nice cat,...i like it ALOT!

ill keep a eye on your progress over on cliosport.
ill slowly get to your spec,in time :)

Aaron

tbh I don't deserve massive credit for how the car is, this is the first car I've bought that was modded and not done it myself, but the bank balance is alot better doing it that way :D

Like I said in your thread might be worth keeping an eye on the jms inlet mani, alot cheaper than itb's and seeing good gains so far in the testing phase.

Few updates for today:
Samco hosing has arrived, will hopefully fit tomorrow:
DSCF0587.jpg

And I always wondered where the breather from the rocker cover was from this engine as all cars have one usually into the inlet track and itb'd cars usually have a breather filter, well I found it today and it was just a pipe venting to atmosphere, tbh I couldn't care less that it was, but John Q Law might so I threw on my piper cross breather filter I had lying about and will help crap not get into there:
DSCF0591.jpg

DSCF0592.jpg