change of fuel reg

jehovah1960

Member +
would it be ok if i took fpr off and replaced it the standard 1? if not what modifications would i need to do regards

350ep70gr

Member +
Fpr is set to a value to follow the rest of the set up. Changing it with a oem regulator will reduce your fuel pressure to 2.4-2,6 bar.
You need to consider if this pressure is enough for your setup. Apart from that..as a job is straight forward.

Chris

jehovah1960

Member +
i dont even no my setup, my fpr runs at 2.9 bar it was running at 5 bar but i turned it to 2.3 bar and the engine struggled to started to spluttered when runnig. i turned it up to 2.9. how do go about changing the setup regards if i need

jehovah1960

Member +
its my first modded car i know it has fpr, induction kit and full exhaust system, thats it , but drinks fuel like shit regards

corofin12345

Member +
boost is the amount of pressure the turbo is producing.. (more boost + more pressure = more bhp).. stock glanza's/gt's run around .4 of a bar of boost on low turbo and .65 of a bar of boost on high turbo.. if thats all the mods you have on the car and your not planning on doin much more with it for awhile i suggest you remove aftermarket fpr and replace with stock one or bring it to someone to set the fueling right..(its probably the reason your car is drinking petrol) if your planning on upping the boost keep it and get it set up properly.... do not exceed .8 of a bar of boost without supporting modifications as you will hit "fuel cut".. hitting fuel cut explains itself really.. the ecu cuts fuel to the engine which is not good for the engine.. to combat this you have 2 choices.

1. get a good aftermarket exhaust mainifold and decat..the stock manifold is 2 restrictive and can damage you engine as you up the boost...you already have an aftermarket fpr..adjustable actuator.. source an aftermarket ecu like blitz, jam etc.. with these ecu's you can safely raise your boost levels without worrying about fuel cut.. stock engines can handle 1.2 bar safely but if you want more boost you will need to forge your engine first as the stock internals wont cope with anything over 1.2 bar of boost. get your fueling sorted for this way

2. aftermarket manifold and decat, you already have an aftermarket fpr, adjustable actuator, fcd (fuel cut defencer). you will have to get the car setup on a rolling road to get your fueling sorted this way

option 2 is far cheaper but it depends on how deep your pockets are really..lol..

you can start with the basics for now and give the car a good service.. plugs, leads, oil change etc etc and may i suggest you buy yourself a boost gauge as your first modification.. very important with these cars to keep an eye on your boost levels

Last edited:

jehovah1960

Member +
than k u for ur time it is much appreciated firstly. i have serviced the car all belts , ridium plugs , millers oil, water pump, new rad , green stuff brakes, ect its all been done. i think i have boost gauge in my car telling me the amount of turbo when the car is running. i bought a standard fuel reg which will arrive 2morrow which is going to be replace the fpr
if this doesnt work i will replace the standard fuel with the fpr. the main question i have as well is that next to the rad i have a dump valve and next to that it looks like a big screw with turbo written on it could you tell me what this does plz. i have put a set of photos on here if you wish to take a look . again many thanks for your time and help regards mark

corofin12345

Member +
is this the bit you mean.. circled in yellow

abcs-1.jpg

jehovah1960

Member +
re

also this looks identicle to my engine :D i mean everything is identicle, even the yellow wires exact same position from battery lol and i did buy it of piston heads to! i do have a boost gauge. my pics r here

http://photobucket.com/macsgti

not the best pics al get some better ones up for tomoz and then maybe you can tell me what mods are on! cheers

:)

Last edited:

jehovah1960

Member +
yes mate look at the pictures that i left for you to have a look at you will that it is my car imao. could you plz look at tell me what mods i have on plz regards mark