Changed my instrument cluster and speedo is over reading

Evo

Member +
Hi I've just changed my clocks as the fuel gauge stopped working. Bought the new set from a forum member and everything works but he had an MPH gauge that read upto 110mph where I have a kmh gauge that goes to 260. Now as my gauge is a trd kmh I swapped this across to the new cluster expecting it to work fine as I don't have an mph converter on my gearbox. However the needle is moving as if it is still reading the mph gauge and tells me I'm going a lot faster than I actually am. Eg 100kmh when I'm going about 60kmh.

Can anyone shed some light on what's making the gauges read like this?

Thanks

Evo

Member +
Does anyone know why the needle on the new set of gauges maxes out at 110mph but the needle on the old one goes to about 180mph?

weeJohn

Lifer
Ok so are there 2 different types of clocks? Or has this one been modified in some way?

Rather than fit a speedo converter and change the KPH sign on the original dial to MPH, you can buy an MPH dial that has the MPH marking in place of the KPH ones.

Hope that makes sense?

Evo

Member +
Yeah I have both dial faces so I can read an accurate speed if I put the mph face in but what I'm saying is these new clocks will max out at 110mph so anything over that is guess work. What converter do I need to get the full range of speed out of that needle ie when fully bent round it will be indicating 180 mph.