• Jap Drag Day

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • Jap VS EURO

Votes: 22 51.2%

• Total voters

Kelly

Member +
Hello All :)

Right i'm hoping to hold a Drag Day at Shakespeare Raceway next year. It will be a RWYB competition and lots of money raised will be going towards charity.

Shakespeare are aware of this and will be getting back to me on actual prices etc etc and percentage of money which can go to charity when their whole team as discussed it.

We have been given the 26th September 09 which is a good date as it doesnt clash with any shows and the weather is usually always nice around this time!

The charity i've chosen to do this for is -

http://www.uk-sands.org/

in relation to this thread from one of our members :( -

http://toyotagtturbo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18820

Anyways i'm rather stuck as originally it was guna be a Toyota VS Honda Drag day but i have a few other suggestions each with pro's and con's?

Here goes -

Toyota VS Honda --- all very good both jap, but Honda will be lacking anything but FWD cars, whereas Toyota will have the starlets, supra's mr2's and GT4's etc etc so will be uneven :(

Jap Drag Day --- be a good day , all Jap motors but too similair to Japshow?

Jap VS EURO
- Be good to have an event where the Jap cars are all on one side? Euro could bring a whole mix of competition fords, VW's Renaults etc etc :) could get a lil 'chavvy' tho

Please tell me what you would prefer ?

GTdan

In The Closet
good idea kelly,all have pros and cons.
want it to be popular to raise money,but not to busy that u only get 5 runs in

RallyStarlet

Member +
do Jap vs Euro...i love beating Rs turbos lol :) sounds like a really good event, and its only 2 days after my birthday, which means i'll actually have money for once :)

Kelly

Member +
u do know Euro opens the door for lots of competition :D

Cossy's, VW's (we have a friend with a golf which is over 300bhp) Saxo's that are modded can go some there's lots of supercharged one's knocking about :)

Could put up some good competition.

Ant-GT

Fresh Recruit
you need lots of competition to make the event worthwhile:)

dont forget that jap opens the door to the likes of evo's and skylines which when tuned will compete with anything.

Should be a good day!! :)

GTdan

In The Closet
u do know Euro opens the door for lots of competition :D

Cossy's, VW's (we have a friend with a golf which is over 300bhp) Saxo's that are modded can go some there's lots of supercharged one's knocking about :)

Could put up some good competition.

but we have lots of capable cars too!!

it may be worth splitting the cars up too ie FWD, AWD, RWD, NA, Turbo/Supercharged. I know its a bit more work, but to get overall winners etc, makes it more fair.

lleey2k4

Member +
Hmmm just voted Jap vs Euro day.

But to be honest im not interested in Euro cars lol but it would be fun to beat them muhahhaaha

Jap day ftw

Nick@TD.co.uk

Registered Trader <a href="http://www.TuningD
I voted Toyota vs Honda, we need to show the Vtec boy's how to do it.

But Jap vs Euro is also good.

Kelly

Member +
There would be a FWD, RWD and 4WD category's :)

But thing is if its toyota vs honda its guna be lots of toyota's vs FWD honda's thats only thing that concerns me. Coz they have limited RWD cars and no 4wd cars.

Gee

Member +
Voted Japanese day.

That way you can bully Evo's, Skyline's etc.

We all know we are faster than Honda's anyway :D