Chatter

ninja1270

Member +
Hi all,
I removed my dump valve and blocked upped the standard one.
I have searched on here and on internet about it and some people are saying it damages the turbo and others are saying it doesn't.
Makes a lovely noise now but i dont want to wreck my turbo.
What you guys think?
Cheers:)

GTWorld

Member +
What turbo you running? boost? and also it doesnt reli ruin it, it will most prob take a little bit of life away from it!!! but everyone has there opinions

ninja1270

Member +
0.7 bar on ct9. Pretty standard. I was just experimenting. I don't know if i should leave it or not. Love the noise though.

GTWorld

Member +
Yeah well ive got a ct9b and running 1 bar. been on chatter for ages and the turbo fine totally up to you though

lingl9z

Member +
im not 100% but iirc its basically forcing the air back through the turbo, while its spinning a 1billion rpms (exaggerated btw) so i guess theres a chance it'll loose some life, probly more of a problem on bigger turbos with proper boost.

ninja1270

Member +
Been fitting a focus rs engine in my mates transit connect van n after hearing that thing chatter i wanted some lol
I think I'll leave it for a while n if turbo goes its a good excuse for a new one.
Cheers for replies :)

billybob

Untrusted Seller
not to sure but there are alot of people running there turbos with no dumpvavles a few doing the drifting down our way running big power dont use the skylines,slivias them sort of cars think its ok to do it with the little ct9:)got to say the sound is great

TomS

Lifer
I've been running with no valve now for 20k km and haven't had any problems (yet).
On standard boost i doubt it'll do much harm although some people will beg to differ.

ninja1270

Member +
ye i know. Sounds so good though. Most of the people i have spoke to have all run with no dump valve n they have never had any problems.
Will leave it for a while n see what happens.
Loving the chatter :p

addz

Member +
It sure does sound awesome when it chatters.

Long term it may affect - if it does = bigger turbo.

Give me a shout sometime bro, i read from here you finally have your wheels!

ninja1270

Member +
ye man. Not sure on them though. Coilovers n all that in post so will get her nice n low:) Give us a text when your out n about.

TomS

Lifer
every heard of anyone that got a damaged turbo cos he was running no DV?

NO! lol

sounds great :)

Toby said that removing the dump valve had damaged his turbo but it could have been a coincdence.

I won't disagree with you it does sound great especially through mesh.

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
Toby said that removing the dump valve had damaged his turbo but it could have been a coincdence.

I won't disagree with you it does sound great especially through mesh.

how sure is he that it was cos he removed the DV ? isnt more possible that the turbo was on its way out!

lingl9z

Member +
I did see a guy with a starlet on youtube who's turbo lasted 2weeks after running with no bov, but again could be coinsidence, theres far to many people running without a dv for such a long time with no damage!