climate control Filter?

starbogt

Member +
Does the Climate control on a 1994 Quadlight GT have a pollen filter or anything that would cause a smell when the A/C button is pressed? My wifes GT stinks when the A/C climate control is used My old A/C never had Climate and never smelt at all! any ideas cos summer is coming.... or where does the blower get its Air from?

Cheers

Andrew

sx_turbo

Lifer
no,

starlets are old technology, and never had cabin filters, even if they had climate control.

they did sell them seperatley though, and whether they were anygood i couldnt say, but they sold as an option "air - cleaner" this done the similar job as a cabin filter, and replaces the interior light.

problem is replacement filters are a pain in the arse to get hold of,

sx_turbo

Lifer
also to add,

to remove this smell, you can buy these things called air con bombs.

basicly you turn your engine on, put the air con on, set it to recirculate, let this bomb off, leave your car running for 15 mins and hey presto it should get rid of the smell.

i can sell you one delivered for £11.50.

SupaStu

Member +
The aircon cleaner cans do work, I used one in my glanza and it smells a lot better.

You can also buy aircon cleaner from Toyota, basically it's a can of super crazy expanding foam, with a long pipe feeder that you can stick into the air con ducts and blast the foam into.

The foam kills bacteria and other crap that makes that pongy smell.

starbogt

Member +
Thanks for all the replies people with these air con bombs / cleaners where do you spray them? where is the air inlet for the air conditioning?

SupaStu

Member +
The air con just uses the normal air ducts in the car, you can spray the toyota stuff into them.

As for the air con bomb things, normally you start the car, run the air con with recirculating air con on hot, and the can button presses and locks, spraying the whole lot into the car.

Leave the car running like this for 10 minutes, then open the windows to let the stuff out.