Climate control modification?

ryu

Fresh Recruit
Hello guys.

I have the chance to purchase a climate control head unit for EP91 Starlets ( http://xs123.xs.to/xs123/08014/clim.jpg ).

I always wanted this extra feature in my car, but unfortunately my `99 Glanza V came with standard A/C. Does anyone have any experience with such a modification? Other than the unit, will I require any additional parts? eg motors to push/pull the existing mechanical cables? :confused:

Your help will be really appreciated.

Thanks

ryu

Fresh Recruit
I have seen it in many `96-97 Glanzas. But none `98-99 model ones.

So I'm desperately trying to collect as many info as I can on how to make this "surgery" :)

Rickwood, if you can be bothered taking your climate control unit out and providing me with any useful info, I'd be really greatful.

For example:
* can you see where the cables of the unit come from? From another box? Can I have a photo or description of it?
* are there any motors behind the unit with mechanical cables connected to them controlling the vents? Or can you see anywhere such cables?

Thank you :)

monka

Member +
my gt had it, thought it was standard, as everything else i've seen i could swear has it. lol

ryu

Fresh Recruit
See?
You all people have climate control but me! :mad:
I want one for my Glanza too!
I'm the jealous type :p

But I still need an answer to those technical questions I originally posted first, before I purchase the head unit :(

Jay

Admin
There's too much wiring, motors and sensors to add to make it worthwhile. Easier just to change it manually and save your money.

Here's the diagrams anyhow:

heatingairconcontrolandyb6.jpg

ryu

Fresh Recruit
Wow! Great info Jay!
Much more work than I expected!
Thanks a lot... despire killing my dreams :p

I guess I should find another mod to do, to keep myself busy :(

Jay

Admin
The one at the back is the funky one. Just select your temperature, slide the button to AUTO and the car will do it's best to maintain your choosen cabin temperature. Very cool feature, perfect for the lazy GT driver..

The one at the front is the standard system.

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
The one at the back is the funky one. Just select your temperature, slide the button to AUTO and the car will do it's best to maintain your choosen cabin temperature. Very cool feature, perfect for the lazy GT driver..

The one at the front is the standard system.

thanking you, i do indeed have the standard one

Jay

Admin
Don't worry I have the standard one too, it's something I miss from my last auto GT.