clutch in auto's

starbogt

Member +
Now I've been in the motor trade for many years and today I've just been told by a guy who's asked my wife for a swap on her car for his auto glanza he says it has an exedy clutch and lsd! please correct me if I'm wrong but auto's don't have a clutch nevermind an uprated item! he tells me they're widely available lol so thought I'd see what he was on about and guess what no auto clutch.. this guy claims he's a platinum starlet member ! whats that when its at home?

so come on all you starlet tech's do these clutchless gearboxes run a clutch? other than the mechanical version they are built with and can you get an auto with lsd?

I really haven't been into starlets long just 10years! lol I need a tech update.

Cheers

goldenvtr

Member +
lol ive heard of uprated torque converters, there was a guy i met at shakespear running one in an auto glanza to cope with the extra power as it had a gt25 on it i think it was.

did he fit his uprated clutch to accomadate a new pedel on the left?

ps i bet his mate has an RX7 with forged pistons too

Kelly

Member +
Dont automatics stil have clutches just no clutch pedal? The guy at shakespeare modified the auto box so instead of having two clutches inside it had three.