clutch needed. but which one?

Ady

Member +
right i have had my hybrid on for a week now running 11psi it is really quite powerful, too powerful for my stock clutch!

what i want to know is, i need an uprated clutch. one which will handle 200bhp+ but i dont know what to get, toby has alot for sale but to be honest i know nothing about clutches i have never had to buy one!
i dont want to have to press the pedal down with both feet and i am on a budget!

any help appreciated!

Adam_Glanza

Member +
no clutches are that hard that you need too feet lol, ive got the orc 309 and its a bit stiffer but its really nothing scary tbh its easy to get used to its just quick snappy thats all, it may be expensive but its definetly top dollar and you get a lightened flywheel too which helps with acceleration, but depends on if you got enough spare cash!!

speedvision

Member +
right i have had my hybrid on for a week now running 11psi it is really quite powerful, too powerful for my stock clutch!

what i want to know is, i need an uprated clutch. one which will handle 200bhp+ but i dont know what to get, toby has alot for sale but to be honest i know nothing about clutches i have never had to buy one!
i dont want to have to press the pedal down with both feet and i am on a budget!

any help appreciated!

u might be well happy with the ones i have mate...u2u me if u need details

sam

Ady

Member +
i definately dont have the spare cash! i dont want to go all out, its not going to be a monster powerful car.

what about those exedy ones that are always on ebay? are they for real?

speedvision

Member +
i definately dont have the spare cash! i dont want to go all out, its not going to be a monster powerful car.

what about those exedy ones that are always on ebay? are they for real?

well for 200-250 hp the clutches i have are well good for it....but its up to you

sam

Starlet_Sam

Moderator, Regional Area Reps Supervisor & Gay Car
no clutches are that hard that you need too feet lol, ive got the orc 309 and its a bit stiffer but its really nothing scary tbh its easy to get used to its just quick snappy thats all, it may be expensive but its definetly top dollar and you get a lightened flywheel too which helps with acceleration, but depends on if you got enough spare cash!!

Before you slate me, I own an ORC309! I think that the lightened flywheel thing in this package is a load of shit! Sure the flywheel is lighter, but when you attach the rest of the clutch assembly it is about the same weight as standard as the rest is heavier than stock.

mossy

Member +
Before you slate me, I own an ORC309! I think that the lightened flywheel thing in this package is a load of shit! Sure the flywheel is lighter, but when you attach the rest of the clutch assembly it is about the same weight as standard as the rest is heavier than stock.

I agree with you Ive recently bought a towin plate 1 which wights about 10 n half kg n i think is heavy

Last edited:

Starlet_Sam

Moderator, Regional Area Reps Supervisor & Gay Car
Don't get me wrong, I love it. Holds power brilliantly and is very drivable but the whole thing weighs a similar amount to standard, can' tell the difference betwen the 2. I would more than recommend it though.

standard excedy replacement clutch bought one off ebay lasted 3 months at 165 bhp woodnt recomend one need to splash the cash if you want it to last :(

dac69er

Super Moderator
my std replacement exedy clutch lasted 2 years. that involved 4 santapod runs and quite a bit of abuse (in my opinion) as i wanted it to die as it juddered and pissed me off.

its ok if your on a budget or will not be upping the power. but if you are i wouldnt bother with it.

mossy

Member +
shit 10.5KG ..shit that heavy..stock set up clutch and pressure is around 6 kg

sam

thats including flywheel. standard fly wights about 7 kg. at least it works fine is not like paddle clutch which i even couldnt select any gear
08112007003.jpg

Ady

Member +
ah i wont get one off ebay then!

i never realised how expensive an uprated clutch would be! i think i'l have to wait till i next get paid :(