Clutch not disengaging??

TomS

Lifer
On my way to work today the car was driving fine until it suddenly refused to go into any gear. With the engine off it changes gear as normal however when the car is started with the clutch fully depressed it pulls forward. When moving it will change gear after a bit of grinding. There's plenty of fluid in the master cylinder and no signs of leaks anywhere. The clutch is only 6 weeks old but it was a standard replacment clutch and may not be able to cope with 180ft lbs.

Any ideas of what the problem is?

Texx

Super Moderator
If you pump the clutch pedal several times before trying to select a gear is there any improvement?

dj-rix

Member +
try and adjust the pedal height, the rod from the master cylinder that connects to the pedal, make it as long as possible. i had the same problem...

TomS

Lifer
If you pump the clutch pedal several times before trying to select a gear is there any improvement?

There is no difference after pumping the pedal mate

try and adjust the pedal height, the rod from the master cylinder that connects to the pedal, make it as long as possible. i had the same problem...

I'll give this a shot later on, i think it may be a simple problem like this but i'll be buying a clutch as a precaution because i need my car working by monday

Ring Stephen buddy, he'll steer you right. :)

Jay

I'll give Steve a buzz Jay and see if he has any light to shed on the matter