clutch options

dan-gt

Member +
I am still trying to make my mind up on which clutch to use. I will be running a fully forged 4e with a td05 set up around 1.7 bar. i did look at Stage 5 Ceramic 4 Pad Sprung Clutch Kit from East coast customs but after asking dave at T-M he advised a excedy paddle. this has left me in a bit of a mudle as wasnt sure if the excedy would handle that much increase in torque and power. i was hoping to jump on a ogura or similar in sale threads towards end of month but if that dont happen then going to have to bite the bullet. any help as to my exact choices will be great :freddy:

John@ECC

Lifer
We have never used the Exedy paddle so i cant comment on it, but can highly recommend using the compeition clutch stage 5 as we have used it in many big bhp cars.

dac69er

Super Moderator
i cant comment on the power holding capabilities of the exedy paddle, but it is a surprisingly nice clutch to drive with. if it can handle the power you wont be disappointed.

Nick@TD.co.uk

Registered Trader <a href="http://www.TuningD
SPEC 6 puk paddles are a nice clutch to drive on, and proven upto 380bhp (so far ;) )

£340.00 delivered within mainland UK.

Cheers

Mike Jones
Tuning Developments Ltd

dan-gt

Member +
SPEC 6 puk paddles are a nice clutch to drive on, and proven upto 380bhp (so far ;) )

£340.00 delivered within mainland UK.

Cheers

Mike Jones
Tuning Developments Ltd

Thankyou for that Mike is the clutch you stated the same one on your own website for £283.33 obv plus delivery as was just reading its write up

dan-gt

Member +
dan i used the exedy paddle on your setup with no problems at all :)

cheers fella we have just put one on me bro in laws glanza and i find it to be a good clutch but i have used the trd units in past and i prefered the harder peddle good to no i dont have to shell out for a big name clutch may well just throw a excedy unit on but so tempted with these 6 puk units lol

popsy09

Munster Area Rep.
cheers fella we have just put one on me bro in laws glanza and i find it to be a good clutch but i have used the trd units in past and i prefered the harder peddle good to no i dont have to shell out for a big name clutch may well just throw a excedy unit on but so tempted with these 6 puk units lol

id put in the exedy and spent the money elsewhere then :)