Coilover Q Possibly changing my cusco's....

drew

Member +
I considering getting rid of my Cusco Coilovers, the rides a bit stiff for me and i fancy a change.

Ive been looking around this site and ive seen d2's, tein, ha's, jic Magic etc all mentioned.

Does anybody know any good sites that sell any of these? apart from the traders on here?

What would you all recommend?

They'll be for road use, as im not areally a track person.

Thanks

drew

Member +
Anybody got any links to any tein set ups ive had a look at tobys, but people keep mentioing the hr model what is that?

Thanks

weakboy2

Member +
i'm pretty sure HR's are pretty old and not made anymore, i would put them on par with D2's, although D2's are essentially better because of the amount of adjustment.

superstreets are good for street driving as they come with a lot softer spring rates than most setups, also you can still adjust the shock damping.

wait.. did someone just reccomend the D2's? .. what the fuck? .. ive only had d2's so i know no better.. but i swear people just slate them to death!

weakboy2

Member +
i think they are a good coilover mate. unbeatable value and quality, most ppl dont get alignment done and get harsh spring rates then just say "D2's are awful and a harsh ride"!

drew

Member +
lol Akki! :)

What type teins do you have?

Think i may look into superstreets IF i sell..... As i wanting something new or kinda :)

Dave.

Member +
D2's use the same part, with just a different fitment for each car, which means the travel, spring rates, damping settings/rebound etc etc are all generic.

Don't get me wrong, they do a turn, but I'd get a good shock/spring setup for a lot less if it was that or d2's....

Dave

Dave.

Member +
You can order different spring rates, as you can with d2's for all cars, but they all come down to the same unit (and selection of spring rates) for a variety of different cars. So while you can pick rates, they're not quite as well chosen as some other manufacturers who extensively test the coilovers with a huge variety of rates.

Spring rates is the least of the worries though, I'd be more bothered about the fact that when you lower the car enough with them there is very little travel.

Dave

drew

Member +
Can anybody suggest any good sites then, for the tein models?

Had a look about only found a few....

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

weakboy2

Member +
You can order different spring rates, as you can with d2's for all cars, but they all come down to the same unit (and selection of spring rates) for a variety of different cars. So while you can pick rates, they're not quite as well chosen as some other manufacturers who extensively test the coilovers with a huge variety of rates.

Spring rates is the least of the worries though, I'd be more bothered about the fact that when you lower the car enough with them there is very little travel.

Dave

no d2's shock travel isnt affected by lowerering as the ride height is set on the piece that bolts to the hub