Compression test results

s880kid

Fresh Recruit
I got a compression test done,the results I got where,
1-105
2-110
3-105
4-100

I was alarmed by how low these are, and ideas what could be causing this? Car isn't really smoking at all,not using a lot of oil either..cheers

Hawwy

Member +
what about with the engine warm , and just start car no gas and compression on all cylinders between 147-150 that okay

s880kid

Fresh Recruit
Well I spoke to the mechanic and he said the throttle was closed and the engine was cold,an that there wasn't any need to touch the throttle,I assume this explains te low results.cheers guys

AdamB

Member +
Get another mechanic/tuner! Someone that doesn't know how to carry out a simple compression test, I wouldnt even let them touch the oil dipstick!

gg205rob

Member +
To be fair it doesnt really matter too much how the test is carried out, aslong as it is the same for all cylinders.
The main thing is that the cylinders give results within 10% of each other. I would say your results are fine.

corofin12345

Member +
remember to remove EFI fuse and king lead also but as said, with it done properly the results will be much the same between cylinders only higher

bongskag

Member +
dope of a mechanic

Its an easy trade for idiots to get into..! :mad:

the older they are the more complacent they get with doing bad work they think they will get away with..

Honestly I'd learn to do a lot of things yourself with these cars as they are quite simple. ( lots of help on here ) sure it takes a bit longer, but your wallet will be fuller as well as your head. :rockon::drive:

Gtjond

Member +
Its an easy trade for idiots to get into..! :mad:

the older they are the more complacent they get with doing bad work they think they will get away with..

Honestly I'd learn to do a lot of things yourself with these cars as they are quite simple. ( lots of help on here ) sure it takes a bit longer, but your wallet will be fuller as well as your head. :rockon::drive:

I dont agree with that, just go to proper garages were the mechanics HAVE to be qualified. Its easy to get ripped of yes...but its easyily avoidable!

bongskag

Member +
I dont agree with that, just go to proper garages were the mechanics HAVE to be qualified. Its easy to get ripped of yes...but its easily avoidable!

I'll agree with that, except the bit about it being easily avoidable ?!

so there going to tell you that are going to rip you off ? or your psychic powers let you know in advance?

" Its easy to get ripped of yes...but its easyily avoidable! " that sentence contradicts itself.

and when you refer the "proper garages" I assume you mean main dealers !?!!? hope you got a big wallet mate, there all fitters. not mechanics. fitters.

Like I said before, learn to do it yourself, It gives you a great sense of wellbeing