Comrade's short shift

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
Just got one but all the instructions are in Jap and the diagrams are poop. Anyone fitted one before? Any tutorials knocking around?

Also my Cusco lower arm bar has turned up, what size bolts to i need to fit it?

Cheers fellas.
Hutch.

sx_turbo

Lifer
you dont need any bolts to fit the lower arm bar.

what you do is tke the bolts that are closest to the front of the car out of the wishbone put the lower arm bar on and put the bolt back.

hopefully that made sense. it is literally a 5 minute job.

riko666

Member +
umm, pretty much, it's the front bolts on your suspension arms you're looking at - take them off, put brace in place, put them back in

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
you dont need any bolts to fit the lower arm bar.

what you do is tke the bolts that are closest to the front of the car out of the wishbone put the lower arm bar on and put the bolt back.

hopefully that made sense. it is literally a 5 minute job.

Yeah, kinda, just been out to my car, didn't realise it was quite so low! If I start taking bolts out of wish bones nothing is gonna fall apart is it?

Last edited:

riko666

Member +
there's a rear bolt too, and the front bracket should be relatively tight anyway so it won't fall through....if it does though, don't hold me responsible, cause I'm in the UK and you're not so ner ner ner :p

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
there's a rear bolt too, and the front bracket should be relatively tight anyway so it won't fall through....if it does though, don't hold me responsible, cause I'm in the UK and you're not so ner ner ner :p

Not yet Riko, not yet. Don't forget I'm fully trained to use automatic weapons! :shoot: :p

riko666

Member +
And remember, I used to live in Saudi....err...that means nothing really but people call me a terrorist all the time :p

sx_turbo

Lifer
Yeah, kinda, just been out to my car, didn't realise it was quite so low! If I start taking bolts out of wish bones nothing is gonna fall apart is it?

if you jack it up and just take out those 2 bolts and put the brace between them, nothing will fall off i promise.

Monkfish

Member +
Monkfish to the rescue!

Explained as simply as possible...

The hub (Which holds the disks and bearings ect) is held onto the lower arm (Or wishbone as it's also known) by 3 bolts. The wishbone is attached by, and pivots on, a rather large bolt (17mm iirc). Remove the bolt, thread it through the lower arm bar, then push the bolt back into the hole it came out of, ensuring it goes though the lower arm and threads correctly. Repeat for the other side. There is a slight adjustment in the lower arm bar, so put it in the position you want then tighten the bolts up.

DSC00777.jpg

DSC00778.jpg

DSC00780.jpg

DSC00784.jpg

DSC00785.jpg

Sorted.

I think I may write a tutorial on this if one hasn't been done. Need some better pics though.

sx_turbo

Lifer
you dont really need a tutorial its so straight forward, a monkey could do it blind folded.

no offence hutch

Monkfish

Member +
you dont really need a tutorial its so straight forward, a monkey could do it blind folded.

no offence hutch

I see what you're saying, but some people may not know where to start or how it bolts on (This applies to anything Starlet related). Hell, I thought it went around the end of the lower arm in between the supports (If you undertand what I mean) until I had it and offered it up, realising it didn't fit like that. :p

I'm of the opinion that if a tutorial is created, even for simple jobs like this, then provided members view the tutorial section first then additional topics such as this can be avoided.

:)

sx_turbo

Lifer
I see what you're saying, but some people may not know where to start or how it bolts on (This applies to anything Starlet related). Hell, I thought it went around the end of the lower arm in between the supports (If you undertand what I mean) until I had it and offered it up, realising it didn't fit like that. :p

I'm of the opinion that if a tutorial is created, even for simple jobs like this, then provided members view the tutorial section first then additional topics such as this can be avoided.

:)

seeing as you put it like that, i agree

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
it is literally a 5 minute job.

:confused:

A 5 minute job? Took me nearly 3 hours! The bolts were an absolute bitch to undo and then trying to get the wish bones to line up again was a nightmare. :flame:

Still, done now. :D Thats the first thing I've done to my car, everything else has been done by the garage. I feel quite proud!

Anyone got any idea about the Comrade short shift?

Last edited:

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
Cheers Riko, it would have been more helpful if he'd posted a pic of it in the car and stripping the original stuff out. I'll have a look tomorrow if I get chance and let you all know how I get on.

Got 2 new mods I'm 100% confident I can fit. 1.3rad cap and HKS oil cap! No worries! :D