confused about MOT

Rutger

Member +
hey guys
i put my car in for its MOT today.
i asked the garage to check the car over so that it would pass for sure sorta thing. i just got a call asking about side repeaters. my car ddnt have any and i thought that was fine because the fronts kind of bend round if you know what i mean. But they said i needed some.

what did any of you guys do in this situation. ive seen pics of other gt's and glanza's and they dont seem to have them.

Does it just matter what MOT tester is doing it?

Rut

Starlet_Sam

Moderator, Regional Area Reps Supervisor & Gay Car
Mine has never had them and it's passed every year. The indicators are shaped so you can see them from the side. I'm fairly sure side repeaters are only mandatory if the car was built with them.

Beaker

Member +
The front indicators have a "sticky out" bit on them that can be seen from the side. The tester is wrong.

Rutger

Member +
i did say that to them,
but they are sure it would fail as they called the tester and asked. :(
boohoo for me.

Rut

Gee

Member +
Can DVLA or somebody advise on this? Becasue if I get some carbon wings, I don't want to be cutting them to put crappy side repeaters in.

59bhp

Member +
as long as you can see the indicators flashing from the side towards the back it will pass, mines just been mot'd and it passed without them

take it to someone who knows what they are doing

Mike_ep91

Member +
wel mine passed without them but im not to sure if the nct and mot are that similar..but i thought if car didn come with them it didnt need them..

DannyBoi

Member +
they can only fail the mot on side repeaters if the car was made with them sein as our starbos are made without them they cant fail it so go back and give em a slap lol

Rutger

Member +
yeah
well i called them back saying double check..
i explained what you guys have told me
if the car didnt have them in the design it doesnt need them. the guy is going to call me back later. and if he says it will need them i will ask just to leave it and ill take it somewhere else.

Rut

thechomper

Member +
yeah
well i called them back saying double check..
i explained what you guys have told me
if the car didnt have them in the design it doesnt need them. the guy is going to call me back later. and if he says it will need them i will ask just to leave it and ill take it somewhere else.

Rut

best idea mate

Sham

Member +
Hey Rut get him to show you the book where it says its a failure, if he cannot do that then he cannot fail your car and you can get him and the garage f*ked